can't sign german youth players

is anyone else having trouble signing german youth players, bayern have 2 players who my scouts rate highly, neither of these players have contracts so you can attempt to sign them, but everytime i try and do that the agent says he doesnt want to talk to me, ive been trying to sign one player for over a year and cant get him to talk to me, ive tried talking to the press, im in his favoured personnel yet he still won't talk to me. my team has won the premier league 3 times so my reputation isnt too bad, ranked 10th in europe, got excellent youth facilities.

having the same problem with another player in bayern, never have a problem with players from any other club, even barca or real madrid

does anyone else have this problem?

I have the same issue at Arsenal. I can poach under 17's from any club in the world... unless they are a German team. In which case the players are ultra loyal for their first few years of life. It's very strange, but I've given up on approaching young Germans.

I also have this problem at Liverpool, one example was a 16 year old midfielder who was at Bielefeld who had the potential to be a 4 star player, kept getting offers accepted but he had no interest, tried for about 2 years then just simply forgot about him, shortly after he joined Porto without my knowledge. I may be wrong but I don't think many if any top young german talents join clubs in England, so maybe it's realistic...

... shortly after he joined Porto without my knowledge. I may be wrong but I don't think many if any top young german talents join clubs in England, so maybe it's realistic...

There aren't many "young German" talents in Portugal either, so why is he going to Porto? ;)

The "maybe realistic" hypothesis looks kind of "short" here ;)

I have the same problem with young players in the big German clubs. It's either high loyalty attribute or their agents have the "prefer clients to stay at current club" personality.

I've even had targets sack their agents, and still refuse to even talk to me. A German quite simply won't move in their first year.

Sorry, but german youth players are rubbish in the game. I don't know about real life because I don't go to Germany very often but something is not right with them in the game.

Hanze has only 11 in flair and Bukowski (polish born) has a lousy 8 in dribbling. It's an outrage, they're gonna be superstars in reality but the game apparently follows its own flawed logic with no regards to how it should be.

Sorry, but german youth players are rubbish in the game. I don't know about real life because I don't go to Germany very often but something is not right with them in the game.

Hanze has only 11 in flair and Bukowski (polish born) has a lousy 8 in dribbling. It's an outrage, they're gonna be superstars in reality but the game apparently follows its own flawed logic with no regards to how it should be.

German clubs haven't dominated in the European competitions, so their players must suck, according to the German researcher.

If you give the Bundesliga a few years, the newgens will be much better.

I am happy to read this thread - I have never been able to sign young germans.

I now how my eyes set on a young German star who wasn't interested in my club, but after having been signed by a mediocre Italian team is "extremely interested" in coming to England.

I guess the young Germans are signable as long as they play outside Germany.

does anyone at SI know why we can't sign german youth players, even if they are extremely interested in signing, is there something in the game that wont let them? ive been trying to sign one player for about 18 months, he doesnt even have a contract at bayern, but still wont speak me

does anyone at SI know why we can't sign german youth players, even if they are extremely interested in signing, is there something in the game that wont let them? ive been trying to sign one player for about 18 months, he doesnt even have a contract at bayern, but still wont speak me

Is it related to the empty German national teams? (license issue?)

Apparently it's against the rules that prevents German U18 players to move abroad.

As someone living in Germany told me:

they may not buy/sign them

but players are allowed to move abroad

so no transfers between clubs allowed, just free transfers

Apparently it's against the rules that prevents German U18 players to move abroad.

As someone living in Germany told me:

so does signing them when they dont have a contract come under "free transfers", either way, you cant sign brazilian players until they are 18, but you can buy them before hand, i think the issue here is more that you cant get the players/agents to even speak to you, even though in the bottom right it says the player is extremely interested.

Archived