Competition rankings/reputation

Ok really dont understand how these rankings are worked out now. Have been playing a season now with rangers in the spl, which at the start of the game is 3star rated along with the likes of the belgian league and the npower championship amongst others. In this season both rangers and celtic played in the cl with rangers making it all the way to the quarters to be narrowly put out by real madrid. Even with these achievements the league reputation went down to 2 n a half stars, where as the belgian teams didnt do anything in europe and kept there 3star rating,as did the npower championship, this really baffles me, a mean how well do you have to perform to increase the reputation. I also checked national team performance in this season to see if that had any effect,and it turns out that scotland where rarely defeated and qualified through there group, and once again checked belgium and seen that they had not performed very well, not even coming close to qualifying. Can anyone shed any light on how this game works these ratings out:confused:

I play SPL and haven't seen it drop below 3 star with average Old Firm European adventures.

You should check the Co-efficient page.

It charts the last 5 years ratings so you will have a great score for this season.

Keep going deep in Europe and Co-effs will blossom.

ok so they may have only got to the group stages then? Dnt know why in mine the star rating has gone down as I think I over achieved anything, as did celtic and the national team. Makes no sense that other leagues that dont perform anywhere near to that standard keep a higher rating, this must be some sort of bug!!

sorry to mention the word bug but this makes no sense so until someone can actually explain things like this what else are I am supposed to believe! I thought the whole point of the league/club reputations thing was that if your club and other clubs in your league are performing well in europe and on the international stage then the reputation goes up..not down!

Okay so u say Rangers and Celtic did pretty good in europe? What about all ther other scottish teams? beacuse scottland should have at least three more sides in the europa league, sadly even if you and to a lesser extent celtic are doing pretty good in europe, its going to be hard to even maintain ur co-eff ranking and thus league rep if all the other scottish team are getting knocked out out in the 1st quals they enter in every season. Did you check how EVERY Belguim club did in Europe? not just 1 or 2? Add in the fact that somthin like they might of got an extra club in europe beacuse of the fair play draw or somthin.

Also co-eff points are entirely made up of how all ur (scottish clubs in ur case) teams did in europe in the past 5 seasons iirc. How it works that after every season the oldest of the five seasons points is deleted, and replaced by last seasons points. for exsample: say your in the 15/16 season, all ur co-eff points are made up from how the scottish sides did in from the 10/11 to last season (14/15), after the 15/16 season has been completed, all ur co-eff points from the oldest season, which is the 10/11 will be gone and replaced by all of last seasons co-eff points which in this case is 14/15, it will then repeact at the end of the next season (16/17) with 15/16s points replaceing the 11/12 season, beacuse that is now the oldest season. and so on.

Another point about this is, how good was ur co-eff points the the season that has just been deleted? If they were already good then obv you wont gain as much, if they were very bad then obv you will gain more (taking into account how good ur co-eff points are from the last season (the season that replaced them) Time for another exsample!: Say ur co-eff points were alrdy good in the season that was deleted and (like you said) you did pretty good in the seasonthat replaced it, but beacuse it was already good, you didnt actuailly gain many co-eff points. Now say Belguims oldest season that just got dleted was VERY bad, even if the the belguims "new" season wasnt as good as yours (scottlands) beacuse the season it replaced was so poor, they actuailly still gained more co-eff then you.

Lastly, the nations national team does not effect the domestic leagues of that nations co-eff at all iirc, not sure if it effects rep.

In short: ITS BLOODY CONFUSEING!, srry if any of this is wrong, but i think its right.

Okay so u say Rangers and Celtic did pretty good in europe? What about all ther other scottish teams? beacuse scottland should have at least three more sides in the europa league, sadly even if you and to a lesser extent celtic are doing pretty good in europe, its going to be hard to even maintain ur co-eff ranking and thus league rep if all the other scottish team are getting knocked out out in the 1st quals they enter in every season. Did you check how EVERY Belguim club did in Europe? not just 1 or 2? Add in the fact that somthin like they might of got an extra club in europe beacuse of the fair play draw or somthin.

Also co-eff points are entirely made up of how all ur (scottish clubs in ur case) teams did in europe in the past 5 seasons iirc. How it works that after every season the oldest of the five seasons points is deleted, and replaced by last seasons points. for exsample: say your in the 15/16 season, all ur co-eff points are made up from how the scottish sides did in from the 10/11 to last season (14/15), after the 15/16 season has been completed, all ur co-eff points from the oldest season, which is the 10/11 will be gone and replaced by all of last seasons co-eff points which in this case is 14/15, it will then repeact at the end of the next season (16/17) with 15/16s points replaceing the 11/12 season, beacuse that is now the oldest season. and so on.

Another point about this is, how good was ur co-eff points the the season that has just been deleted? If they were already good then obv you wont gain as much, if they were very bad then obv you will gain more (taking into account how good ur co-eff points are from the last season (the season that replaced them) Time for another exsample!: Say ur co-eff points were alrdy good in the season that was deleted and (like you said) you did pretty good in the seasonthat replaced it, but beacuse it was already good, you didnt actuailly gain many co-eff points. Now say Belguims oldest season that just got dleted was VERY bad, even if the the belguims "new" season wasnt as good as yours (scottlands) beacuse the season it replaced was so poor, they actuailly still gained more co-eff then you.

Lastly, the nations national team does not effect the domestic leagues of that nations co-eff at all iirc, not sure if it effects rep.

In short: ITS BLOODY CONFUSEING!, srry if any of this is wrong, but i think its right.

totally understand what your saying mate but it doesnt seem to work out that way, as MishiesML has stated above, when he played in the scottish league he didnt go rangers or celtic so I'm guessing that they wouldnt have done well in europe at all and obviously neither would the clubs in the europa league, yet on that game the league rep stayed at 3 stars. In my opinion if you play as rangers or celtic and both of them are in the CL and doin really well then thers no way the league rep should go down,not that I;m saying it should go up because after all its only been 1 season. The reason I keep using belgium as an example is that on the game their sides wher poor in the CL and europa,and to my knowledge of the last few years theyve not done much either, yet they keep there 3star rating, just seems a bit random to me

You have to take into account that dynamic reputation is a long-term feature. I'm not sure if the changes after first season are technically bugged or not (they seems rather random at least), but they so sort itself out after next year or two. Also, while "losing half a start" might seems like a big deal, in reality the effect will probably be minuscule. You probably just lost a few reputation points (on a scale 0-200)

Well I'd like someone from SI to explain it because I don't think it works properly. I've done 14 seasons with Ajax, won 7 champions leagues, best team in europe, worldwide rep, 2nd richest and yet my league is still ranked 9th, where it starts in 2010 i believe. The only thing that as basically improved in the rep of the league became 3 and a half stars from 3 originally. Highest league ranking of 8th over all that time.

Well I'd like someone from SI to explain it because I don't think it works properly. I've done 14 seasons with Ajax, won 7 champions leagues, best team in europe, worldwide rep, 2nd richest and yet my league is still ranked 9th, where it starts in 2010 i believe. The only thing that as basically improved in the rep of the league became 3 and a half stars from 3 originally. Highest league ranking of 8th over all that time.

Well that really does show flaws in the system. Regardless of what other dutch teams have done in those 14 seasons that league should be regarded as 1 of the best seeing as you won the CL 7 times

On mine La Liga took over the Premiership as best in 2017/18!

but it can be done.. still have my hopes up to improve swedish first division up to three stars from 2,5... but maybe some more clubs need to go out into europe and that's not going to happen any time soon...

I think the perception of things here is a little off.

A League's reputation is based on every team in the league. Just because one team in a leage does really well and raises it's rep, doesn't mean the league average necessarily goes up.

In Gazgstar's example above, his Ajax side may have been one of the highest reputation teams in Europe, but if the reputation of all the other teams in his league went down (for example) then in actual fact it probably would stay about the same

it has been explained by SI in some of the many threads regarding the dynamic league reputation.

due to previous seasons of mediocrity the scottish league will naturally take a drop for the first couple of seasons.

after a few years of improvement from the clubs in europe you should see your rating return to 3 star and improve in the future if the teams continue to make progress

Well that really does show flaws in the system. Regardless of what other dutch teams have done in those 14 seasons that league should be regarded as 1 of the best seeing as you won the CL 7 times

not at all, if the rest of the dutch teams are doing poorly then there is no reason the league should be regarded as one of the best.

not at all, if the rest of the dutch teams are doing poorly then there is no reason the league should be regarded as one of the best.

that's why it's impossible for me (almost) playing swedish league since here's one team that's in the rankings of lower PL or maybe top championship in england, the rest is like the bottom teams in champ or div 1.

But I have one question. Are the teams co-eff points in europe (the ones the use in seeding and such) also linked with reputation? In that case it's still possible to increase your own clubs rep and thereby starting to introduce better players to your league.

Becaus I just got Malik Mouath and Fernando Gago from Real so that also got have have some influence in rep.. Or is that just because I just got a ******** of money from selling players?

that's why it's impossible for me (almost) playing swedish league since here's one team that's in the rankings of lower PL or maybe top championship in england, the rest is like the bottom teams in champ or div 1.

But I have one question. Are the teams co-eff points in europe (the ones the use in seeding and such) also linked with reputation? In that case it's still possible to increase your own clubs rep and thereby starting to introduce better players to your league.

Becaus I just got Malik Mouath and Fernando Gago from Real so that also got have have some influence in rep.. Or is that just because I just got a ******** of money from selling players?

you will improve the league rep to a limit, there is no way a league will be regarded as the best if one of its teams dominate yet the rest are doing poorly, so yes you will improve the standing but without the support of the other teams you will never get the leagues rep above the top leagues.

you will improve the league rep to a limit, there is no way a league will be regarded as the best if one of its teams dominate yet the rest are doing poorly, so yes you will improve the standing but without the support of the other teams you will never get the leagues rep above the top leagues.

well it's a start.. the goal is not to get the league top ranked just improved and it seem like i've got a few better players than i would at the start of the game. I'm happy to get my team rep up so high I can compete for champ league trophy :) hope the other teams will improve also, but the newgens in this league are extremly poor so far and I'm hoping this will also improve if I manage to get my league rep a little higher..

again yes, the higher rep of the teams the better the regens they will produce, the thing to remember is it will take years to really improve your league, at least 10 seasons i would say before you could begin to notice a difference and its difficult, at the moment your teams will not be getting far in europe but with you doing well you can hope to gain extra euro places, maybe get a team direct into a group stage, its all about winning games in europe. you can always cheat slightly and save the game on each day your teams have european games and replay them till they win a few :) hahaha

There was a post in a thread a while ago where a guy had done 10/15 seasons in belgium and he showed the increase in teams spending as their rep and league rep got better, it was good to see it actually worked.

again yes, the higher rep of the teams the better the regens they will produce, the thing to remember is it will take years to really improve your league, at least 10 seasons i would say before you could begin to notice a difference and its difficult, at the moment your teams will not be getting far in europe but with you doing well you can hope to gain extra euro places, maybe get a team direct into a group stage, its all about winning games in europe. you can always cheat slightly and save the game on each day your teams have european games and replay them till they win a few :) hahaha

There was a post in a thread a while ago where a guy had done 10/15 seasons in belgium and he showed the increase in teams spending as their rep and league rep got better, it was good to see it actually worked.

well, i will not save but I'll put everything I have in champ leaguge. Nr. 1 priority right now.

Agree, love the dynamic rep and have been waiting for it forever since I tend to journey my swedish saves, so it's nice to see it's working! Thnx for the feedback.

i guess you wont have an auto group stage place at the moment, so getting to the group stages will do wonders for your rep, if you can manage that a few seasons in a row you will definately start to improve things, then its a case of hoping the other teams catch on.

i'm the same i do long term scottish games and its great to see i can finally get the league to follow me if i can be succesful.

exactly, in my third year right now and have qualifyied the last two seasons. first season I got whopped instantly but this season I have a chance on the third place (still the qualificationspot for euroleague?) and one win over FCK will be needed. And now with Gago in centre I have no doubt :)

Love the leagues like scottish, dutch and swedish, bring in the youth and build for the future. Really hoping for some good newgens since the homegrown rule, would appreciate to be able to use some of the registrated players that's homegrown, don't have the budget to bring in to many players..

Maybe turn a few newgens to stars and sell them to teams in the same league and hope the AI will use them well so their teams also improves.. ;)

Hey guys, I've had a lil read up about the coefficients and checked my save. I can say that it appears it does work. I'm due for my league to gain an extra champs league spot next season as a reuslt of all my hard work lol. My actual league rank now is 7th (my league ranked 9th in comps overall) and will move up to 6th next year :D. I had a lil read of wikipedia to see how it's done and yes, you do need the teams in your league to try and help in europe, otherwise you have to rely on consistent greatness by yourself for a LONG time.

its tough in the smaller leagues, what i find is that good regens will appear in the small nations around you, ones that are affordable, i found a few in wales and ireland that i snapped up very cheaply, two seasons in i raked in £6m for one of them, which i used to get the facilities up, its important to get a youth academy if you want to progress your club and league, and there is always one player who comes through your youth academy that is worth working on, the one your coaches highlight usualy have a good PA and can be made into first team players or sellable a asset, even if they dont look it to begin with. you have to hope in sweden as well that when ibra retires the game will replace him with someone with really high PA hopefully at your club!!

actually I play Malmö FF where his from so that would only be fair ;) His a God here and my mouth would water if I got the oppurtunity to develop a player with his skills..!

I'm partually from Serbia so I like to look in that area for newgens and of course South America and Africa where they're interested in joining my club.

Have academy so I'm trespassing the board to have my training facilities improved but they expanded the stadium with 2,500 seats instead, will try again nex season.

Played a long term save on FM10 with MK Dons and had Baldock as greatest player, pretty young and I found a bounch of good newgens from Wales and Scotland.

What's the best team to play in scotland? (Also a league I find interesting..)

Hey guys, I've had a lil read up about the coefficients and checked my save. I can say that it appears it does work. I'm due for my league to gain an extra champs league spot next season as a reuslt of all my hard work lol. My actual league rank now is 7th (my league ranked 9th in comps overall) and will move up to 6th next year :D. I had a lil read of wikipedia to see how it's done and yes, you do need the teams in your league to try and help in europe, otherwise you have to rely on consistent greatness by yourself for a LONG time.

How long did you have to go in champ league to acheive this? Is it enough to qualify a couple of years in a row?

it depends what level you want to start from, right now Dundee are an interesting game, in real life they have just been deducted 25 points and are in admin, so the first few seasons are very tough to get through, they have a few sellable assets tho which helps. I'm from Aberdeen so i love going with them, good enough youth at the moment but the first team squad is not great. Livingstone are also fun to manage, again got into financial trouble a few years ago and got releagated to the third division, promoted last season so you start in league 2 but they have a good set up already in place. Queens park is interesting, they are an amatur club playing in the professional league, but you cant get them to become full time, so it can be a challenge getting them anywhere. Scottish league has no money going around for the first 4/5 seasons except a few clubs, and especially if your not in the prem league.

it depends what level you want to start from, right now Dundee are an interesting game, in real life they have just been deducted 25 points and are in admin, so the first few seasons are very tough to get through, they have a few sellable assets tho which helps. I'm from Aberdeen so i love going with them, good enough youth at the moment but the first team squad is not great. Livingstone are also fun to manage, again got into financial trouble a few years ago and got releagated to the third division, promoted last season so you start in league 2 but they have a good set up already in place. Queens park is interesting, they are an amatur club playing in the professional league, but you cant get them to become full time, so it can be a challenge getting them anywhere. Scottish league has no money going around for the first 4/5 seasons except a few clubs, and especially if your not in the prem league.

well. Maybe I'll try Aberdeen. never really liked dundee (don't know why), but in my games Aberdeen tend to develop some good youngsters :)

Will never ever play Rangers or Celtic. It's like Real or Barca but in another level, not so interesting ;)

Have the leagues around scotland playable and hope for some good findings there...

nah rangers and celtic is far too boring stay away from them, the dons are a good choice tho, or dundee united or hibs can produce good youth player.

What about sweden? i have fancied doing a scandinavian game for a while now but was never sure which league to start with.

nah rangers and celtic is far too boring stay away from them, the dons are a good choice tho, or dundee united or hibs can produce good youth player.

What about sweden? i have fancied doing a scandinavian game for a while now but was never sure which league to start with.

The first league is fun and also challenging. Rep are like div 1 or championship in england. Teams like Malmö FF, Göteborg and Elfsborg have great potential.

In CM 99/00 I played a team called Ystad, (my hometown in Sweden) in division 2, (actually div 3, we have "Superettan" like championship) then div 1 and so on. There I managed to qualify for champ league but it took maybe 20 years. But it was fun! Had 2500 capacity stadium and no rep but I was proud, one homegrown player in nationalsquad :) But they have dropped down now and I don't think they're playable.

Now I stick to the first division, It's challenging enough..!

i might give one of them a go next game then after the next patch, i have got 4 of my own youth team now in the first team at milan at the moment which is making it interesting again :D

That's 50% of the fun, to see them develop. I'll hope Ibra will turn home to his motherclub in maybe ten years and hopefully then I'll be competing for champ league title. He'll be a good tutor ;) Good luck

I made a few test games in Scotland (Dundee Utd) and in France (Montpellier)

I cheated all over the place but the DLR works!

great to see rapports that it's working out fine. now I can continue my save and just wait for the small changes to happen. DLR are the best feature in years!

Archived