I should fire them both....

...my four star coach tells me in our backroom advice meeting that "X" player should NOT be taking corners. The player in question has a 17 for his corner ability and a 15 for crossing. I'm currently in league 2 which from my experience are outstanding stats for a player at that level. My genius assistant manager agrees with him. He's got a 15 for juding player ability and a 17 for tactical knowledge....

"X" player has provided my center back with 12 goals so far this season with his corner taking ability.

Sometimes I wonder why I even have staff, there's always some ridiculous know-it-all at these meeting telling me how I should have "x" player taking corners or free kicks....

I've been told that decision making (where to place it), anticipation (what runs will my team mates and opponents make), technique (do I have the ability to pull of the kind of cross I need), crossing and corner taking all play a part.

I'm sure that's all true but the OP did state that player X has provided 12 goals for his centre half from corners this season so I think in this case, ignore the coach and Ass Man. You're the manager after all.

I think my coaches are spot on 70% of the time, and horribly wrong 30% of the time. They keep telling me that my only right footed right winger should be giving the PPM to run down the left flank...

However, I do wonder with the corner takers if they look at other factors as well. I have van persie taking my corners, and they keep telling me he shouldnt be. Hes also created a lot of goals from corners, but what they might be trying to get across is that he should be in the box trying to score from corners, not taking them.

But thats part of the game - if the coaches gave perfect assistance at all times, you wouldnt actually be playing the game, merely clicking continue while the AI coaches did everything.

Archived