-9 and -10 players

Ive used genie to see future stats and only 1 or two players are worth getting in attack, why are youngsters always weak or have really high stats in one area and really low in another its always annoyed me in CM and FM.

also the gap is too big, 150-180 for a -9?

what if you get stuck with a 150 wilshere when we all know hes going to be class.

It's too big for smaller leagues (i.e. some Scandinavian leagues), where 30 points is the difference between average youngster and very good first-teamer.

But my point is that no one knows how these youngsters will turn out, so how can you know if the player is definitely going to end up 150-155? It's better to give them broader possibilites.

But my point is that no one knows how these youngsters will turn out, so how can you know if the player is definitely going to end up 150-155? It's better to give them broader possibilites.

But in some leagues, it's not possible because (say) the upper-bound of -8 is too high and the lower-bound of -7 is too low, and "-7.5" is too wide. There are some youngsters in these leagues who end up with hard-coded PAs because the ranges imply a 30-point gap between PA ranges.

For the Premier League, a gap between 130 and 160 (i.e. -8) would reflect most players in the league, but for smaller leagues, 130 is "OK" and 160 "too good", yet 110 "too poor" and 140 "OK" (i.e. -7). In other words, the gap between -7 and -8 is too large, and the full range of values corresponding to -7 and -8 (110-160) is far too wide to judge a player on.

But in some leagues, it's not possible because (say) the upper-bound of -8 is too high and the lower-bound of -7 is too low, and "-7.5" is too wide. There are some youngsters in these leagues who end up with hard-coded PAs because the ranges imply a 30-point gap between PA ranges.

For the Premier League, a gap between 130 and 160 (i.e. -8) would reflect most players in the league, but for smaller leagues, 130 is "OK" and 160 "too good", yet 110 "too poor" and 140 "OK" (i.e. -7). In other words, the gap between -7 and -8 is too large, and the full range of values corresponding to -7 and -8 (110-160) is far too wide to judge a player on.

So maybe it would be better to have -1 to -20 with more overlapping. I don't think narrower possibilites is the answer at all.

Because with a CA of 150, Wilshere will be class?

At 18, Wilshere is a regular in the Arsenal team. Surely he must be already closing on a 150CA? He is clearly going to go higher. If Wilshere is only -9 on this game I have to question the researchers - he's played enough now to warrant an actual PA, surely!? Of course there's no guarantee's he will reach it, but that's where his hidden stats come in. Surely we can all agree that he at least has the potential to be hitting 180+, considering some of the players that are 180+,

So maybe it would be better to have -1 to -20 with more overlapping. I don't think narrower possibilites is the answer at all.

Really? Despite the fact that some players are believed to fit in certain narrow scopes, especially in smaller leagues?

At 18, Wilshere is a regular in the Arsenal team. Surely he must be already closing on a 150CA? He is clearly going to go higher. If Wilshere is only -9 on this game I have to question the researchers - he's played enough now to warrant an actual PA, surely!? Of course there's no guarantee's he will reach it, but that's where his hidden stats come in. Surely we can all agree that he at least has the potential to be hitting 180+, considering some of the players that are 180+,

Go ahead and look at the CAs of the Arsenal team. CA 150 is ridiculously high for Wilshere. He's a youngster in his first season in Arsenal's first-team and a lack of form in the behalf of Rosinjury, Denílson and Arshavin, as well as Diaby's regular injuries means that Wilshere being in the first-team isn't really much to shout about.

I don't agree his PA should immediately be 180+. That should be reserved for those who will be amongst the best in the world, if off the absolute best - read Xavi and Iniesta, for example. Wilshere is not likely to be up there, which is why a PA in the 160s or 170s is more than enough. And a PA in the 160s and 170s is hardly a bad PA. In fact, a PA in the 150s is hardly a bad thing, too! It will make him a solid first-teamer for many top sides, for one thing, if he peaks there.

Really? Despite the fact that some players are believed to fit in certain narrow scopes, especially in smaller leagues?

That's not a fact. How can you be sure that a players potential is so easy to predict? Whether in smaller leagues or not, you can't say that you know for definite that a young player is definitely going to peak in a 10 point gap. A 30 point gap is fairly small when talking about the potential of teenagers. A researcher is supposed to watch a couple of youth games and know exactly where this guy will peak? It's a ludicrous thing to suggest.

Ive used genie to see future stats and only 1 or two players are worth getting in attack, why are youngsters always weak or have really high stats in one area and really low in another its always annoyed me in CM and FM.

also the gap is too big, 150-180 for a -9?

what if you get stuck with a 150 wilshere when we all know hes going to be class.

Thing is though you think he's going to be class and it looks like he will be but it doesn't always work out that way. FM just like real-life has got to be unpredictable. You find there are lots of players that are talked up in their early 20s and some that break into the first team like Wilshere, this doesn't mean they're going to turn out amazing though.

for everyone, please use spoiler tags if you want to mention specific PA's of players

At 18, Wilshere is a regular in the Arsenal team. Surely he must be already closing on a 150CA? He is clearly going to go higher. If Wilshere is only -* on this game I have to question the researchers - he's played enough now to warrant an actual PA, surely!? Of course there's no guarantee's he will reach it, but that's where his hidden stats come in. Surely we can all agree that he at least has the potential to be hitting 180+, considering some of the players that are 180+,
research is done mostly based on last season for the first pair of patches, so its hard to blame the researchers for the pa he have been given, and he will still turn out class on the PA he currently have

and like have been pointed out, 150-160 PA means good epl player, higher, or if the attributes are in the right place, it will be a class player

here we got Verratti from my fm10 save close to his peak, on what I would presume is on the lower end of his pa (based on other screens I have seen on him, where he turned out better), I dont know his exact PA on my save since I dont use scouting programs for such things, but can anyone say that he is a poor player on my save dispite geting handed the lower end of the possible stick?:

Verratti2.png

That's not a fact. How can you be sure that a players potential is so easy to predict? Whether in smaller leagues or not, you can't say that you know for definite that a young player is definitely going to peak in a 10 point gap. A 30 point gap is fairly small when talking about the potential of teenagers. A researcher is supposed to watch a couple of youth games and know exactly where this guy will peak? It's a ludicrous thing to suggest.

It depends on age. A gap of 10 points could be appropriate for "older youngsters".

Mind you, that's a question of how PA works, and I think I've typed enough long posts about that already...

Archived