MLS All types of questions to follow

Okay forgive me but I read through pages and pages of topics and see nothing on the MLS. Before everyone gets high and mighty, I am in the US and am learning to play FM 11. I'm using the MLS because it is close to home (I'm in the suburbs of DC and 10 minutes from DC United training facility).

My first question is I see the 3d graphics for MLS matches show no grandstands, where can I get stadium graphics that are realistic?

More questions to follow. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My first question is I see the 3d graphics for MLS matches show no grandstands, where can I get stadium graphics that are realistic?

It may be disabled. Go to preferences. Go into display and sounds. In there are 3d settings. Make sure show crowds is ticked.

MLS is a great league for Americans to learn about playing FM, as it is run much like other American sports leagues.

MLS league has a fair bit of issues that need to be addressed by the next patch to be of much use

see the league specific issues forum for more info on that

i've been having fun in the german and dutch leagues for now while i wait hopeful for some fixes on the MLS

Whoofe-Ahh didn't know that thanks.

I'm pretty new to the SI forum and I can't find the league specific issues forum you mention, please advise.

BTW-Love the game. I've hooked my 47" HD TV to watch matches. Makes me feel like I'm there.

Player Morale in game-How can I find the root cause of a player morale problem? I don't see anything under happiness that points to the player problem.

It doesn't have to be down to any particular thing. Morale fluctuates depending on results, individual player performances etc.

Generally, if you're winning, then morale is high.

If a player is constantly having morale issues, then keep an eye on the Personal information tab for the player to see whats up.

Furthermore, if a player has a good game, interacting with them and letting them know is a great way to build a relationship with the player and keep him happy.

When a coach on my staff wants to drop a player is this from the squad or just starting lineup? My coach wants me to drop 2 players that are rating at 6.6 and 6.7 which on my team is slightly above average, and I don't really have the budget to get anymore players.

MLS league has a fair bit of issues that need to be addressed by the next patch to be of much use

see the league specific issues forum for more info on that

i've been having fun in the german and dutch leagues for now while i wait hopeful for some fixes on the MLS

Whoofe, do corrections via patch work with games started pre-patch, or do you have to start a new game to get the corrections in game? I'm a couple seasons into an MLS game, so I'm really hoping that any patch fixes won't require a restart.

When a coach on my staff wants to drop a player is this from the squad or just starting lineup? My coach wants me to drop 2 players that are rating at 6.6 and 6.7 which on my team is slightly above average, and I don't really have the budget to get anymore players.

Starting line-up. i.e. rest them or put them on the bench.

A big hint: take your coaches and assistant managers' recommendations with a large pinch of salt. For example, there's no point dropping your best players because they had 1 bad game or because you just faced bigger and better teams and got well beat, but the AI can't factor these things into its suggestions.

Does it make sense to scout all these players that the agents are throwing at me? Scouting seems free but my transfer budget is limited and I don't want or need all the 30 somethings the agents want to sell me.

1. MLS has several issues that need fixed. I haven't seen them (because I haven't managed there yet), but other people report that you can't go to other teams and ask for their draft picks (basically the other team has to start by offering you a draft pick, and then you can negotiate that), and you can't construct any trade other than a 1-for-1, among other issues. Also, in previous releases, MLS clubs have gotten sack-happy with their managers. FM 2011 doesn't appear as bad, but I have seen a first-place team fire their manager.

2. Your assistant's recommendation should be taken with a grain of salt, depending on his ability. Usually I just ignore mine when he suggests dropping a player.

3. Sometimes if your team is consistently winning, you'll still see a player having poor morale. Often I'll interact with him and tell him I'm resting him for a game, and that often clears up his morale (just follow through and leave him out of the squad for the next game).

4. I usually go ahead and scout players touted by agents (if my board allows to scout that area). I figure it can't hurt just to take a look at them.

Athos - I don't think 100% of DP wage is getting included for me, but that's easy to check. Just go to your squad registration, switch your DP to "out," and see how much comes off the wage total listed on that screen. For me, I'm pretty sure it's only a fraction of what my DP's getting paid. Can't remember exactly what the number was now, though.

Just remember not to confirm your squad registration with your DP unregistered.

Is it me or 100% of the DP wage is included in the wage cap? I don't know how teams irl do it, but I always exceed the wage cap, even at the beginning of the game, and have to drop a few players.

no the DP wages are not at 100% when applied to the cap. however, there are some teams - chicago fire at the very least, that are over the salary cap at game start. this has to be an error of some sort, as they have the exact players that chicago had on their roster at season end. its one of the bugs/issues that needs to be addressed in the next patch to make MLS enjoyable again

also there is a big issue with scouts

and there is a problem with managers that have won the league but the team loses reputation and the managers are fired by the board - there is some sort of bug where you cannot possibly meet whatever expectations are set.

Archived