Bosman Ruling Compensation?

• Administrators

Yes they should, an few examples of which were say David Edgar moving from Newcastle to Burnley a couple of seasons back, Sturridge from Man City to Chelsea and John Bostock from Palace to Spurs. We're aware of this not quite working correctly in-game due to the nature of the new contract system and we are looking into it. Thanks.

I have not had an answer though have I?

I asked if a player under 24 leaves an english club on a Bosman after they have been offered a contract that is better than their old one will the club still get compensation if the player IS NOT HOME GROWN. the players he mentioned are all homegrown players.

I know this is a rare scenario. I dont even know if it has had a precedent. I cant find anything online regards to this and I just thought with some people who work towards making the game on this forum that they might know.

He's classed as home grown iirc. I do agree tho I dont see what difference it would make if they are not homegrown its just that I was discussing it with someone the other day and have not been able to find any real answers. I thought this may be a good place to ask as their would be people with access to the rule book/official football legislation. If someone knows the answer either way could they provide a link to the source please.

Dont quite know why there is the hostillity towards me, I know I have bumped the thread twice. But its only because this was falling to the 2nd/3rd page of threads and not many people go that far back. I thought it was an interesting question and one that has been unable to be answered convincingly yet. I think I know a lot about football and know a lot of people who do but no one seems to know the answer to this question for sure.

Yeah he says that they should and then gives me examples to back up his reasoning, BUT the players he gave as examples to back up his answer were home grown. This suggests that he did not understand my question. Since re-phrasing it he has not replied. So imo Im still unsure.

Archived