Selling Players for high amounts

Despite putting a lot of time into the last four editions of FM, and managing at the highest levels (winning the champs league with lower teams such as Hull) i have never seemed to attract the inflated prices that are in modern football. Last game i had Aguero winning the Balon D'or 4 years in a row, but when attempting to sell him, could only get 20 million (a small amount when considering what i have seen Man City spend on players)

So my question is, have you sold players for large amounts? and if so what have been the context of these situations ie who it was, who your team was, how the player had been performing

In most cases you only seem to get large transfer fees if you dont want to sell, but they want to buy.

For example - if you offer player X to clubs chances are you are only like to get his face value (unless other clubs were already interrested) This is because he was outside of their initial transfer expectation and thus are taking him because hes avialable.

Whereas, if you have a player who is doing brilliantly and a big club come in with an offer, well often you can get 3-5x his face value (if memory serves I was offered £95million for fabregas after rejecting 40, 65 and 80 million bids before the chairman took it because it was too good to turn down - but that was on FM10)

I sold a player on FM09 for £34.5 million and a 15% sell-on clause to Arsenal (I was a World Class Swindon team)

English international right-winger/striker/amc ex-wonderkid with a worldwide reputation that I just couldn't manage to blend into my team properly. He was good, don't get me wrong, he just didn't 'fit in'. And he wanted a new challenge, so I figured heyhoo, take the money and run, offered him to clubs and Arsenal came up with the spondulicks (everyone else wanted him on loan - yeah right, do one!)

the year was 2022 and I'd paid 2million for him as a 17 year old from Everton in 2017 (Moyesey loved me on FM09 he also sold me a 16 year old striker for 3.9million that became the best player in the world!! :p)

Despite putting a lot of time into the last four editions of FM, and managing at the highest levels (winning the champs league with lower teams such as Hull) i have never seemed to attract the inflated prices that are in modern football. Last game i had Aguero winning the Balon D'or 4 years in a row, but when attempting to sell him, could only get 20 million (a small amount when considering what i have seen Man City spend on players)

So my question is, have you sold players for large amounts? and if so what have been the context of these situations ie who it was, who your team was, how the player had been performing

as said never expect to get anything but his value when offering him out. I have just sold a player on my save (in League One currently) for 1.8 million as a team in the CC wanted him, i signed him for free and was only worth 400 pounds! He was playing out of his skin!

Its always been like that after the 1st patch, we can only sell for peanuts but the AI can sell to us for 4 or 5x player value. patches have never fully fixed this. A middle ground should be around 2-3x player value if the player is good enough

Its always been like that after the 1st patch, we can only sell for peanuts but the AI can sell to us for 4 or 5x player value. patches have never fully fixed this. A middle ground should be around 2-3x player value if the player is good enough

why should it? By offering them to clubs you are saying "I dont want the player and I want to cash in" of course the other club is going to bid low, they have the upper hand as you want to sell, not them wanting to buy.

But they aren't even interested in my players at all. Even if my player get something like striker of the year, midfielder of the year, defender of the year, etc... none of the team even offer me for my players. The only one other clubs are interested in is those in my U19 squad, giving me like a million or 2. I'd prefer someone inflated the price and offer me like 50-60 million to a player :-D I'd just sell them even if they are my 1st team

I had great success with my Middlesbrough team selling on players for high value in FM10. I ended up as Manchester City lite! I got promoted 1st season and over the next 2 seasons signed Jo, Kompany, Onouha, Adebayor, Michael Johnson and got Adam Johnson back! All were transfer listed, i got Adebayor for £1.7m and City had to agree to carry on paying a % of his wages. I always find City spend crazy money on new players so a lot of good players from them are available on the cheap. The only player i have left are the two Johnsons, Chelsea bought Adebayor for £18m when he was 31 and Jo for £12m, Real Madrid bought Onouha for £11m and Kompany went to Arsenal for £10m. Some decent amounts there considering what i paid. Agree with above though as i bought Jenas for £3m and he had a great season and i turned down an offer of £10m from Spurs to take him back, the next season he had a few injuries and his form was terrible so i tried to offload him the next summer and the best offer i got was £500k from Ipswich!

I noticed that when the non player clubs buy, the money is not deducted from their pot. I checked my last transfer with FMRTE how much money a bidding club has before and after the sale, and it stayed the same. So I am guessing that how much a club pays has nothing to do with how much you think they have.

I just accepted a £21m pound offer from Atletico Madrid in my Sevilla save. He was worth £8.5m. They enquired about him, i said £21m, they came back with the offer all paid upfront. Everyones a winner. I also have a 20 year old regen who is worth £5.75. Barca made a bid, first offer £20m. I rejected as he will become awesome.

I have a world-class regen who has scored at least 15 Bundesliga league goals per season since the age of 15! He's 20 now and worth about 11 mil but I haven't had one single offer. Isn't that strange? He has no release clause and no asking price set. I have the same 'problem' with other players. There are always clubs interested in my players, managers comment on them but they never actually put an offer in. That's annoying.

Archived