Pitch Size Alterations

I have four options given to me by the groundstaff for pitch sizes. They are however not how I want the pitch to be. I want it thinner and longer, but it isn't an option, even though all within regulation dimensions.

Why can't we make the pitch specific to our needs?

I do think this is a rather pointless addition to the game if we're not allowed to use it properly.

A) We should be able to set ANY dimensions we want as long as they are within the legal requirements for the particular competition. Not just the 2 or 3 options that the game gives us

B) Although it would be impractical for ground staff, I don't believe there is anything in the rules to say that a team could not change their pitch dimensions for every game. Why should you only get the option to choose the dimensions once at the start of every season?

I remember Rangers (I think) pulled in the touchlines as narrow as they could over their normal pitch size for one game in Europe where the opposition had top wingers (can't remember who) so I'm guessing it is allowed on a game by game basis irl.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 so obviously want the pitch narrow as, but I only get the choice of minimum, normal or maximum and am stuck with it for the season which is not very realistic.

I do think this is a rather pointless addition to the game if we're not allowed to use it properly.

A) We should be able to set ANY dimensions we want as long as they are within the legal requirements for the particular competition. Not just the 2 or 3 options that the game gives us

B) Although it would be impractical for ground staff, I don't believe there is anything in the rules to say that a team could not change their pitch dimensions for every game. Why should you only get the option to choose the dimensions once at the start of every season?

I dont think there is, I remember some team widening the pitch to counteract the Delap throw, meaning he had to throw further and had less of a run up.

I remember Rangers (I think) pulled in the touchlines as narrow as they could over their normal pitch size for one game in Europe where the opposition had top wingers (can't remember who) so I'm guessing it is allowed on a game by game basis irl.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 so obviously want the pitch narrow as, but I only get the choice of minimum, normal or maximum and am stuck with it for the season which is not very realistic.

Have exactly the same problem: with a 41212 I want to a narrow (no wide midfielders) but long (more space for AMC to play in) pitch: very frustrating!

As far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the database has encoded the maximum sizes that each stadiumcan hold, so although it within the legal limits the pitch is constained by the stands around it. Highbury was never able to have a pitch as wide as arsene wanted because there was simply not enough space between the main stands that were at the side of the pitch.

It is also my understanding that you aren't allowed to change the pitch size mid season, what they did to limit delays throws was to move the advertising hordings as close to the pitch as possible thus preventing his run up.

Archived