Gago to Antwerp

I'm currently managing Antwerp in

Belgium and had a tycoon take over who

ploughed money in like no tomorow after getting

promoted and then avoiding relegation in top leage I started the 3rd season and was offered fernando gago for free as he was released by Madrid. He accepted and signed straight away, would you say that's realsitic or

not? Sorry if typing messed up

I'm ony iPhone and hate touh screen

It sounds like the ol' transfer bug again, but don't let that ruin your excitement. I think in your circumstances, given the tycoon situation, it's just barely understandable and realistic enough, so enjoy your new signing!

In my game Gago is transfer listed but refuses to join my title and CL winning Roma side without huge salary. He has been rotting in real madrid bench for over a season now since no one will give him 200k/week wages his agent is asking.

This is a slightly different problem - it is a player agreeing to go to a club he shouldn't be interested in. I haven't seen many people put up examples of that and I feel it's just as bad a problem as the low fees issue. I would mention it if I were you.

if Antwerp were interested and he was a free transfer he would be silly not to consider it, no matter how good we think he is, if he hasnt played much for Real over the past few seasons then he would likely end up at a lower team.

The only unrealistic point is they have made Gago too rubbish and with not enough PA.

On the game, absolutely no one seems to rate him, and you can't get him for less than 88k. So it makes sense that he'd end up leaving on a free and then go to a lesser league.

30k for a player that has barely played in 3 years is fair enough. Especially if no one in a top league is paticularly interested.

if Antwerp were interested and he was a free transfer he would be silly not to consider it, no matter how good we think he is, if he hasnt played much for Real over the past few seasons then he would likely end up at a lower team.

I really don't think Gago would be considering a team that had just avoided relegation from the highest tier in Belgium for 30k/wk, it's just unrealistic. The Belgian league is not a particularly attractive one for well-established players to go to.

I really don't think Gago would be considering a team that had just avoided relegation from the highest tier in Belgium for 30k/wk, it's just unrealistic. The Belgian league is not a particularly attractive one for well-established players to go to.

if he hadnt played much for 3 seasons, and no one else was bidding why wouldnt he? A chance to resurect his career with a hope of getting a better move within a season or two if he can recapture his form. Its not like Gago is one of the worlds top players, he is a good player yes but not one of the best.

Edwin van der Sar went to newly promoted Fulham from Juventus.

It's unlikely but not impossible.

I don't recall Gago being all that good in this version. I wouldn't categorize this as a transfer bug see how it was a player out of contract. It's not like the cases where Rooney was out of contract for month without any club being interested.

David James moved to Bristol City despite having offers from prem league clubs and celtic, and he would have been first choice at any of the prem clubs and celtic.

LOL....first choice at any of the premier league clubs. LOL. Funniest thing I've heard so far. :)

Archived