Won the league in 2nd place...?

wonleague.png

ladder.png

Apologies if this is one of those well-known bugs, but I thought it was worth a thread :p

I can only imagine the game got confused because, in Croatia, teams equal on points are ordered first by results between each other (instead of by goal difference which seems most popular). Obviously despite just beating 1st place we're still 7 points behind them however!

A good boost for my reputation, so I'm not complaining.

Following up on this one-

I just got prize money for 2nd place, and the First Division 'Past Winners' screen correctly shows Hajduk as winners and us as runners-up. So it seems mostly cosmetic.

Maybe it was just a well-concealed simile- Ending Hajduk's 33 match unbeaten run was like winning the league :p

lol love the name manager manager. and this would ruin the game for me. this bug.

I just put [Manager] as a nickname while I took the screenie.

And I don't think it would ruin your game, because it's made virtually no impact on mine. If the game had actually thought we'd finished first and we'd wrongly qualified for the Champions League, or if it had happened in the 2nd Division and my team was incorrectly promoted, then I would certainly re-load til it didn't happen. But there is no apparent benefit whatsoever, perhaps just a reputation boost which I can't really know for sure. I'd say its effects were limited to a few interesting emails, which is certainly not going to ruin anyone's game.

12 teams and 32 games? Is there one of those weird mid-season splits and you won the second half of the season?

There was one game left in the season. No split, just play each other 3 times.

Do the rules change for the Croatian First Division after the first year??

I'm in my first season in the division and it's bottom five relegated, and everyone plays each other twice (I'm pretty sure, without loading it up).

I wish SI would explain the rules better of the different competitions. I left Parma because it kept telling me I had signed the one per year non-EU player, even when I hadn't (I mean is this one per calendar year, one per season when does the period start/finish). And I don't want to click up Wikipedia to remind me of who is in the EU and who isn't. And don't even go there as to who Ligue 1 considers EU in France.

The manual for the game I wouldn't wipe my arse on and it's nothing to do with it being shiny paper.

@Jibby123

The rules do change. It's very tough to survive the first season with a poorer side, and I must admit I had to re-load so I didn't drop into the unplayable leagues. Almost half the league gets relegated, it's brutal!

And you get a reasonably good run-down of all applicable rules by clicking 'Rules' on the Information tab of a league.

No worries and thanks, know the rules tab, but it would be cool to know they were going to change at some point.

Am playing with Lokomotiva and you're right; brutal not to mention a massive gap between the haves and have not's in Croatia. Anyone wanting a challenge....

Sloboda ili Smrt!! :)

Archived