Contracts! What the heck!?

Players take so long, sometimes over a week to sign a contract. This is so annoying during the transfer window. If I agree a fee with the club and offer a contract on say the 22nd of August, the player hasn't made a decision when the window closes on Sept. 1 and so the window closes... How is this realistic? The player should make a decision he can either accept or reject but they do NOTHING!?

:mad::thdn:

Players take so long, sometimes over a week to sign a contract. This is so annoying during the transfer window. If I agree a fee with the club and offer a contract on say the 22nd of August, the player hasn't made a decision when the window closes on Sept. 1 and so the window closes... How is this realistic? The player should make a decision he can either accept or reject but they do NOTHING!?

:mad::thdn:

how often has this happened to you, i have not had the problem nor have i seen anyone else complain about it, was it a one off?

It's happening with all my transfers. For example - Howedes offered a contract on the 25th of January. .. Feb 1. No decision, transfer canceled.

Coentrao offered a contract on Aug. 12th it took him until the 22nd to make a decision. Latest one was Kjaer which was the example in the OP.

I've experienced it too.

Had the same occurences in FM10. Probably could've logged it in the bugs forum, just in case.

I rarely had/have the problem because i try to have my transfers done way before the end of the transfer window.

But they sure can take their time sometimes. Like there is no transfer window for the players. Only the clubs :p

just unfortunate the guy is a slow thinker. atleast next time you'll know to offer him a contract earlier in the transfer window

probably just agents whispering in his ear a little bit too much...

On the contrary, I was rushing a deal for Lukaku 2 days before the end of the summer window, agreed fee with 1 day to go, and offered a contract on the day itself - and Lukaku actually accepted it by the next continue (and it was exactly what he asked for, 20k/w), wrapping the transfer up at about 21:15 on deadline day. I thought it was a nice touch to be honest.

this will happen when he is not that fussed about joining you and is likely waiting for a better offer in terms of club and/or contract offer.

If he was keen he would have signed up straight away. Therefore watch out as he may turndown your offer and accept another

Archived