Steam, again

Ok, so it seems a bunch of you guys have issues with Steam. I do too.

However, it may be a different issue. I bought FM2011 yesterday through Steam and installed it. The game itself is working fine, but I want to get rid of Steam. Honestly, I'm not computer wizard, and I don't know what Steam actually is, except for a downloading and installing agent and perhaps a means for network play.

I have already downloaded and installed FM, and I have no intention of playing online. So I don't need Steam.

I know I can play the game in off-line mode, but I just don't want Steam on my mac. I want to delete Steam and still be able to play FM2011.

How?

Ok, so it seems a bunch of you guys have issues with Steam. I do too.

However, it may be a different issue. I bought FM2011 yesterday through Steam and installed it. The game itself is working fine, but I want to get rid of Steam. Honestly, I'm not computer wizard, and I don't know what Steam actually is, except for a downloading and installing agent and perhaps a means for network play.

I have already downloaded and installed FM, and I have no intention of playing online. So I don't need Steam.

I know I can play the game in off-line mode, but I just don't want Steam on my mac. I want to delete Steam and still be able to play FM2011.

How?

why would you buy with steam if you didnt want to use it? you require steam to run it, unless you install with the CD, which you cant do because you bought it on steam

You needn't worry about Steam using up too many resources. It never gives me any hassles whatsoever, and if you're worried about people contacting you then you needn't worry about that either. You can be as anonymous as you like.

I honestly would say Steam is no bother that you need be worried about having it on your computer. Is there is any real big reason why you don't want Steam? Don't want to feel pushed in to buying games perhaps?

Archived