Chill out Ref ?

Wow! Bayern was booked in 9 out of 10 fouls o0. That's quite sick..

That's the thing, I am seeing refs giving too many cards for fouls. I have had many matches where I started out with 2 or 3 fouls and I was already getting 2 or 3 yellow cards for them. Refs are way too card-happy.

I'm going with just normal tackling at the moment. I have some games where I collect no yellows, but every now and then I will have a game where I have a few, maybe 3-5. Sometimes I have 2, but both to the same player :p

Last year, I was narrowly the team in the Uruguay Second League with the most yellow cards. In three seasons and over 70 league matches, have yet to see a match where the referee was as busy, or even nearly as busy, as the one in the screenshot.

Does not happen in every game now, does it? The worst discipline I have seen from my team has been six yellows and one red. Quite acceptable in a derby fixture.

Some referees are card happy. You can see it on their stats screen. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Although nine out of ten challenges booked is pretty horrible. But I've never had anything similar happen to me in the demo or before the patches came out. So does your squad have rather high aggression and low composure attributes? I don't think so, but still maybe you should look.

I've had a few bad referee experiences in my first few games with Arsenal.

2 straight reds, one for shirt tugging and one for a trip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/HHUK2K01/Fooball%20Manager%202011/LiverpoolvArsenalInformation_Overview.png

4 penalties in one game, I think 2 were for handballs off corners.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/HHUK2K01/Fooball%20Manager%202011/RealMadridvArsenalInformation_Overview.png

I've never usually had things like that happen. Seems I've had 2 freaky occurances happen at once. :(

I've had one game like this in two seasons (one season of two saves):

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/Aaza2/FM11/LeMansFCvOlympiqueLyonnaisInformation_Overview.png

Yep, 16 yellows handed out (two being second yellows) plus a straight red. My team finished with eight players and still won the shootout.

The ref has reffed 79 games and handed out 409 yellow cards (5.2 per game) and 28 reds (0.4 per game).

It happens. Strict ref, a few tackles go in early and someone gets booked so from then on he has to be consistent.

I had Steven Defour sent off for two yellow cards in the Europa League Final. The second yellow came when he wasn't near the ball or any opposition player. When I checked the match report it said it was for ungentlemanly conduct!

Harsh one SI!

Archived