It's just funny now....

I the last 10 games I've played I've had 80 clear cut chances and only scored 6 goals. It's been pretty much the same all season but I've only paid real attention to the exact stats over the last 10 games.

My opponents however have had 8 clear cut chances between them and scored 18. The vast majority from corners, own goals and from when my defenders (who have very good concentration levels) pass the ball directly to an attacker.

I constantly have the most chances in games, consistently have more of those chances on target, consistently have the great share of possession during games and my teams average player rating is consistently higher than the oppositions.

One of my strikers scored 4 in one game once now he can't hit a cows bum with a banjo and his morale is still good.

This match engine really is a steaming pile of poo and the last one in FM2010 (was it 10.3 ?!?) was infinitely better.

I accept that tactics play a huge part in the overall game but 80 clear cut chances and 6 goals from normally prolific strikers is just making me laugh now.

Oh well I guess I'll have to wait for another couple of patches before I can begin to think I've spent my money well. It's the same each and every year so why I expected any different is laughable on it's own. Was there no beta testing on this? Surely anybody testing it would have been able to compare it to the 2010 match engine and seen it's failings within about an hour.

sucks to be you =/

Stupid comment.

10.3 engine was far superior to 11.1.1. I have said ages about CCC and more the one on ones where the striker has yards of space and only the keeper to beat. But SI always maintain that its the same levels as IRL - so they will don't take any notice I am afraid. Or you will will have to spend ages going through the various avenues to get the PKM to them and highlight every single CCC - e\ch one named and the timing which would take a hell of a lot of time. Its the blatant one on ones that are harder to miss than score that BUG me.

Another ripper of a game there !!

6 clear cut chances for me - 0 clear cut chances for them - score 0-2

1st goal comes after my center back loses possession inside the 6 yard box and the 2nd after a scrambled corner leads to my goalkeeper belting the ball into their striker and ricocheting into the onion bag.

I did have only 54% of the possession mind you so that's quite obviously not enough :-)

Needless to say the local rag felt the need to report that for the umpteenmillionth time that my opponents had "Struck Lucky"

Stupid comment.

10.3 engine was far superior to 11.1.1. I have said ages about CCC and more the one on ones where the striker has yards of space and only the keeper to beat. But SI always maintain that its the same levels as IRL - so they will don't take any notice I am afraid. Or you will will have to spend ages going through the various avenues to get the PKM to them and highlight every single CCC - e\ch one named and the timing which would take a hell of a lot of time. Its the blatant one on ones that are harder to miss than score that BUG me.

I'd disagree here that 10.3 was 100% better but I would agree that a few things need sorting including goal chances / frequent lob attempts, yellow and red cards, player nearest the ball dallying etc

8 clear cut chances per game! I have no more than 2 or 3 at the most per game and have no problem scoring goals. If you have only scored 6 goals in 10 games, I imagine it's either your tactics or your players are not up to standard (for whatever league you are playing).

In my game, the match engine is fine - in terms of that generally the team with the most chances usually wins (and that's been me mostly - 1st place in the Championship after 40 games).

Every game is different, I suppose.

It's the manner in which the goals are conceded that are the most frustrating. You watch the game, see you tactic working well and see chance upon chance being created then it's just taken apart by an absolutely ridiculous goal.

I think that if my 1st season on FM 2011 was real then the inevitable end of season clangers and gaffs DVD's that come out could feature just my teams games.

8 clear cut chances per game! I have no more than 2 or 3 at the most per game and have no problem scoring goals. If you have only scored 6 goals in 10 games, I imagine it's either your tactics or your players are not up to standard (for whatever league you are playing).

In my game, the match engine is fine - in terms of that generally the team with the most chances usually wins (and that's been me mostly - 1st place in the Championship after 40 games).

Every game is different, I suppose.

Yep 8 CCC and that's on average, often I get many more with the same return. Like I posted before one of my strikers got 4 goals in one game before so how all of a sudden can he still be very happy and not lacking confidence yet missing sitters.

I've also got a player with a free kick stat of 15 yet he's not got one on target all season (2 games left) let alone a goal yet I've had some corkers scored against me from guys with stats around 10. I think there is far more built into the match engine just to frustrate people than there really needs to be.

Aaaaaahhh - Last game of the season against the bottom of the league team. I need just 1 point to be certain of staying up so of course I'll get the equaliser in the 86/87th minute leaving time for a good couple of chances for the opposition yet......could have called that before the kick off but more surprisingly for probably the first time this season I had only 1 clear cut chance and I got a goal.

Moral is create less good chances and you might win more games :-)

(Please bring back the old match engine this is really boring an so predictable.......end of rant)

Yep 8 CCC and that's on average, often I get many more with the same return. Like I posted before one of my strikers got 4 goals in one game before so how all of a sudden can he still be very happy and not lacking confidence yet missing sitters.

I've also got a player with a free kick stat of 15 yet he's not got one on target all season (2 games left) let alone a goal yet I've had some corkers scored against me from guys with stats around 10. I think there is far more built into the match engine just to frustrate people than there really needs to be.

You know, the only thing I can think of (and this may sound crazy and may well be completely off base) is that your tactic is producing TOO many clear cut chances. The ME recognizes this and so to prevent you scoring a crazy number of goals every game, it needs to make your strikers miss more than they really should. But it sounds like it is overcompensating and the result is you are consistently losing games you shouldn't be.

Have you tried playing more defensively? (even though that sounds the exact opposite of what you should be doing!)

I don't think they build things into the ME to frustrate people, but they may put things in to make sure games don't have silly scorelines - 10-5 may be reasonable based on chances created but that never happens in real life.

You know, the only thing I can think of (and this may sound crazy and may well be completely off base) is that your tactic is producing TOO many clear cut chances. The ME recognizes this and so to prevent you scoring a crazy number of goals every game, it needs to make your strikers miss more than they really should. But it sounds like it is overcompensating and the result is you are consistently losing games you shouldn't be.

Have you tried playing more defensively? (even though that sounds the exact opposite of what you should be doing!)

I don't think they build things into the ME to frustrate people, but they may put things in to make sure games don't have silly scorelines - 10-5 may be reasonable based on chances created but that never happens in real life.

That's a good point, would be interesting to hear from somebody with inside knowledge.

Let's say the match result is pre-determind by way of your starting XI, opponent's starting XI, morale, team talk, press conference and the ME seen is just a summary of nice bits and pieces to get where you are ultimately destined to end up; i.e. the end result.

Personally I don't know why they added clear cut chances to the statistics, all it does is annoy the player. In my last game I had 7 CCCs to my opponents 2. Of course I lost 2-0.

This. :thup:

Since the stat was introduced I am sick to death of reading about CCC's.

SI have made a rod for their own back with this one.

I can't see this being the case, the whole football manager game would be compromised. Imagine spending hours making a top attacking tactic only to find out that you need to design a more boring one to win a game. The tactic I'm using is clearly good defensively as I only conceded 13 goals more than the league champions as as described the vast majority of these are hideous goals, own goals or penalties. I don't think I can create a less attacking, less attractive tactic and ever really enjoy the playing the game.

SI would never admit this anyway because they would be saying that the game is simply man/woman against machine (biased towards the latter) and nothing to do with football.

I can't see this being the case, the whole football manager game would be compromised. Imagine spending hours making a top attacking tactic only to find out that you need to design a more boring one to win a game. The tactic I'm using is clearly good defensively as I only conceded 13 goals more than the league champions as as described the vast majority of these are hideous goals, own goals or penalties. I don't think I can create a less attacking, less attractive tactic and ever really enjoy the playing the game.

SI would never admit this anyway because they would be saying that the game is simply man/woman against machine (biased towards the latter) and nothing to do with football.

Oh no I think you're right :-(

I've created some new tactics that mean I'm worse at the back and create less chances but I'm doing much better. Still bundles of own goals, conceding penalties and from set plays also getting bored by seeing my team losing possession cheaply knowing full well that in FM2011 with this match engine it means the opposition score every single time. The players in the championship are all really that good :-)

As rubbish as it is I'm still glued to it...............I'm hoping that it'll all magically fix itself.

Archived