Great tip to boost players morale to superb.

When you have a small squad and your players have played a lot of games, here is a little tip. Tell the players individually that you are going to rest them, during the next game, every time I have done this the player has agreed (as he has played a lot of games during the season), and his morale has jumped to superb.

I then carry on as usual, and the full team has superb morale. I sometimes play my U18's and leave them out of the team so as not to risk upsetting them, but they don't seem to mind either way, even if you play them in the next game.

Note, doesn't seem to work on the goalkeeper though.

Can give teams a great morale boost during the penultimate games of the season.

Twice I have done this and still played them, even though I told them I would rest them, they did not drop in morale after the game, so maybe this needs looking into as an exploit?

Since then, when I have done this I have told the squad I am going to rest them, they jump to superb, I rest them for an insignificant game against my U18's and they play the next league match as usual. It's worth noting you can't do this every game, as the 'rest' option if greyed out for so many games afterwards.

Exploit or great man management?

:)

im going to go with exploit..

ha! Yeah I totally see where you're coming from, I won't argue with you on that.

The tip is still there though, superb morale all round and not an exploit if you actually rest them. Maybe SI towers need to look into some way of them knowing they have actually played a game their coach has promised that they rest?

im going to go with exploit..

That made me 'lol'

It is an exploit in a way, but it kind of makes up for the other interactions you could say IRL to boost morale, that you have no option for in the game.

So...it's up to people to decide if they want to use it and how they feel.

yer, its a good find though!

Im sure they can look into it, shouldnt be too hard!

I am struggling with low morale in a few key players at the moment in BSN, wont use this though, going to try get through it the old fashioned way!

I posted in the bugs forum, they can decide if they want to look into it.

I just used this to boost my 10 outfield players morale(s) from 'poor' 'good' ------> 'superb' by promising I rest them in the next game. I blatantly lied, I played them and my superb morale team just won a crucial promotion candidate 3-0. Down side is, they are very tired and actually do really need a rest!

just asking, do you get the same 'satisfaction' knowing that you probably won cause of this?

On the other hand, don't you get pee'd off when you have great tactics and you lose because a couple of key players morale is "poor"?

What you said is true, but the opposite ruins results.

morale makes too much difference in FM!

just asking, do you get the same 'satisfaction' knowing that you probably won cause of this?

mmmm, not really, who knows what effect it had? No doubt it was a positive one as a full team of 'Superb' morale players is a really big deal. To answer your question, not really, but I also admit I am hopeless at player interaction and usually end up with a negative effect on player morale, so I have managed to convince myself that it's a little more balanced now.

....I do feel a little dirty though.

This isn't as black/white as play or not play as you could quite easily get an injury after you told a player he will be rested and so have to play him anyway. Needs a bit of thought imho but it does need looking at

On the other hand, don't you get pee'd off when you have great tactics and you lose because a couple of key players morale is "poor"?

What you said is true, but the opposite ruins results.

morale makes too much difference in FM!

i don't think that is the case. i'd agree that at times morale changes from poor to superb a bit too quick at times, but i dont think that the result from a drop in morale is OTT

Archived