Round of applause for SI Games

Tav

Love how the title of this thread will lead many a person to think its another scaving attack on the makers of the game but in fact its the opposite. No sarcasm intended here, i actually do want to give them the plaudits they deserve!

I dont feel i am one of the mythical "fan boys" but just a true football fan who understands what football means. Sure we all want everything to work out perfect from release day but would that make it a game that embodies the true football spirit? I think not.

Football is about controversy and getting screwed over at times as much as its about beautifull passing and wonderful goals. Having some ref to bitch about in the pub later that saturday night is an integral part of what makes football great! Maybe its just a British thing where we love to have something to moan about, but if Football Manager was perfect i feel it would be a sad day for football.

I know its a terrible bug the whole Spanish 2 Card-Gate but i have good faith in SI and once a fix is ready and working 100% as it should im sure it will be released with a sincere appology to boot. Im personally glad they missed the bug as im sure if they knew about it they would of scrapped that Nov 5th release date and we would all still be waiting.

Remember people THERE IS ONLY ONE SI. Would hate to think that a game that is so important to me was under control of a company like EA or something.

So this thread is for people who want to show their appreciation to SI games for the amazing job they do. For the "Never Happy, Never Satisified, Never GonnaStopBitchingNoJockey-boys" this thread aint for you so please click the return button and be on your way!

THANKS SI Games ;)

totally agree mate,been off and on myself with the FM games last few years.always bought them but never got " into them" like i used to.

but im totally hooked on this years and thinks its amazing on all fronts.

Well done SI :)

I also have lot of faith put on SI. They are the most consumer amiable company I´ve ever seen. And to see the income they are getting from this, just need to take a glance on sales results.

Hope they can make this hotfix savegame compatible, and also hope that they fix some other important bugs as the playoffs bug.

Anyway thanks SI for your continuous support.

The game is working perfectly well for me. Apart from a few sluggish features and bits and bobs I'd say this is worth the time and money spent. I critisized the game heavily after I tried the demo but I'm glad to say it's improved vastly since and I can't wait until I get home from work to fire up again!

With that said, I hope the hotfix for the Spanish league is out soon. Will be interesting to see what the whiners and moaners find next to complain about.

Football manager was maybe last still developing commercial game for hardcore gamers. It was also suitable for those "who just want to play".

2011 is third version in a row that totally unsuitable for hardcore gamers. Why destroying "last fortress of hardcore gaming" and make commercial BS "3D faces, yeah" deserves applauds?

One question - Do you still play this 'BS' game?

Mate i said no moaning at the start. Dont want another thread that just becomes a war. Your intitled to your own opinions but dont post them here. Go off and enjoy that other total awesome football manager game, oh wait, there is none!

One question - Do you still play this 'BS' game?

Mate i said no moaning at the start. Dont want another thread that just becomes a war. Your intitled to your own opinions but dont post them here. Go off and enjoy that other total awesome football manager game, oh wait, there is none!

You ask for right that you do not want. If you do not want anything negative, then do not provoke writing that kind of text. Actually you seem to be SI-sponsored writer, when I look your text more carefully.

I'm very sorry I screwed your thread.

For your question, I still play last playable FM version. That is FM 2008.

You shouldnt have posted on this thread but im sorry if i provoked you. This is not the reason behind me making this thread, all i want to do is thank SI for giving us Football Manager - every version. Too much threads are out there bitching about what they do and dont do. They are clearly the best people for the job and all im saying is i have faith they will get it right.

Dont want any more bitterness

People are not moaning because they can't do well or because they don't like the game, they're raging because they can't play the effing game. Just rename it to Premiership Manager 2011 and be done with it.

Mate please jog on you negative nancy! You can play the game your just choosing not to as your favourite league has a bug in it. They will fix it when they can, its not like they are refusing to do it.

Dont post here if your a negative person or are called nancy, thanks again

Football manager was maybe last still developing commercial game for hardcore gamers. It was also suitable for those "who just want to play".

2011 is third version in a row that totally unsuitable for hardcore gamers. Why destroying "last fortress of hardcore gaming" and make commercial BS "3D faces, yeah" deserves applauds?

Strange. Many people now feel that FM isn't as accessible as before and only appeals to the hardcore. I'd be interested to hear why you think the opposite? Although this thread may not be the best place to do so.

Mate please jog on you negative nancy! You can play the game your just choosing not to as your favourite league has a bug in it. They will fix it when they can, its not like they are refusing to do it.

Dont post here if your a negative person or are called nancy, thanks again

And there I was thinking that only brits have positive comments for this year's release...

And there I was thinking that only brits have positive comments for this year's release...

When have i gave the game positive comments? If you read back carefully all i have said is i have faith with SI and they will get it right. And theres me thinking that i was up against someone who could read...

Must say I am impressed by the game despite the bugs, but hey its not like they're doing it deliberatly just to screw you over!

I am 100% positive that they themselves are a little dissapointed about missing the spanish card thing and the french ban issue

Keep up the good work SI!

I totally agree with the OP. I feel pretty bad for some of the guys who worked hard on making this game as good as it is to come on here and just get slated all the time. Granted there are some bugs Spanish Card & Custom views which are frustrating. It has not stopped me from playing and enjoying the game though, i think this is the best iteration since 01/02.

KUTGW SI, most of us appreciate it.

About time someone praised them!

The amount of people who moan is unreal. Yes they are entitled to their opinion, providing they have the game legally anyway! The issue that people dont realise is that a game as big as FM will never be perfect. Theres going to be things that don't work first time round, but given a bit of a touch up by the developers will be fine.

In saying that, half the "bugs" reported on the forum aren't actually bugs and are just people that are ****ed off that they don't understand football management

Eh? What are you on about?

FM2009 was not Clever, FM10 was better a marked improvement but 2011 is fast becoming my fave of all time.

The player interaction and proper dealings have made the series very realistic.

Fair play you will get people who are stuck in their ways but overall the game is a marked improvement and I personally can not wait for 12.

FM2009 was not Clever, FM10 was better a marked improvement but 2011 is fast becoming my fave of all time.

The player interaction and proper dealings have made the series very realistic.

Fair play you will get people who are stuck in their ways but overall the game is a marked improvement and I personally can not wait for 12.

Brilliant, you've only just got 11!!

Thats dedication right there!

I'm more "into" this years than FM10. Not difficult, I gave that about 3 or tries, but after an hour of every attempt I uninstalled it.

But I am going back to 09. These last couple of versions doesn't just drag you in and keep you engrossed like others do. Maybe it's the nightmare layout of options, or maybe there's too many..I dunno what it is..

Can't agree with this.

We go through the same stages each year. The development/testing process never improves even when SI last year claimed they were focused on 'polishing' the game instead of adding features.

I am disgusted that I can't get through a match without the game stopping.

If SI had tested this, they would immediately have realised the problem.

And Russian fans, who paid for the game being forced to wait for the patch, way to punish your paying customers there...

Yeah, great job. It's only the top league in the world they screwed up anyway, no biggie. Not like half the non-British buyers of the game are using the disc as a beermat for the past 5 days and counting.

You've polled them all? Calm down, give them a chance to fix the issues that are having such an effect on your life. You'll not believe me, but I have no issues with this game.

You've polled them all? Calm down, give them a chance to fix the issues that are having such an effect on your life. You'll not believe me, but I have no issues with this game.

Good for you. Let's hold hands and sing kumbaya.

I wish the people who are complaiining with posts under 50 would go away and crawl back under whatever rock they crawled out from because all they are doing is ruining what most 'proper customers' percive as a well rounded much improved FM. I too will also applaud SI for this years version. And yes I didn't like last years version apart from the ME, Everything else was the same as 09

I feel sorry for the guys at SI who have to come onto these forums and listen to their drivel mostly because the people who are complining want an easy win button. The worst thing is that they don't have to you know. They could just release the game and go 'to hell with you all' and make it and leave it with bells, whistles and bugs and all.

I wonder what SI's take is on all the feedback that they do get and how they handle it. It would be nice to hear what Neil Brock or even Miles Jacobson would have to say about this.

So for all those crybabies out there go away and play this years champ man. Oh wait there isn't one.... I wonder why

Archived