60-70% of all freekicks and long distance shots are goals

60-70% of all freekicks and long distance shots are goals...this is total bollux...scoring rate inside the box is alright...but almost every freekick on my goal is a goal..aswell as most long distance shots...

i continued my old fm game and continued playing with the same tactics, before i used to conceed a little more than 1 goal in average..now its 3-4..

i changed the tactics..2 dmcs, changes closing down and tight marking settings..and no result...

i used to be on 4th place in the bundesliga, now i lost like 7 in a row and am going down...

thank you for screwing that up...

60-70% of all freekicks and long distance shots are goals...this is total bollux...scoring rate inside the box is alright...but almost every freekick on my goal is a goal..aswell as most long distance shots...

i continued my old fm game and continued playing with the same tactics, before i used to conceed a little more than 1 goal in average..now its 3-4..

i changed the tactics..2 dmcs, changes closing down and tight marking settings..and no result...

i used to be on 4th place in the bundesliga, now i lost like 7 in a row and am going down...

thank you for screwing that up...

And there are tons of threads on the subject. It annoys the hell out of me, but just like the goals from corners problem in 801, I'm sure there's a tactical approach to get around it.

I had a rant myself here:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/5272086283

And received advice to look here:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/1022017283

This seems like a decent thread, which I'm going to look at when I'm a bit more awake.

Just read around, there's plenty of advice threads.

Besides that your post lacks some basic writing skills, I can only say that you apparently are dealing with either a great freekick taker or more probably with a rather awful goalkeeper. Attributes like jumping, acceleration, pace, balance, agility, reflexes, handling, decisions etc. all have bearing on the amount of goals saved on free kicks. Don't forget that the morale, opposition and tactics of your team can and will influence how many goals you leak in which way.

However, it is of course very possible that the new match engine leaves too many goals through on free kicks, in which case I advise you to use this fact yourself and acquire a great freekick taker to even out the odds! If you deem that an unrealistic approach please remember that this is a game first, and a simulation second. And may I add that were it the case that 60-70% of the free kicks get a goal in real life, the real life managers would rush to take advantage of it?

Finally it is heartily discouraged to continue an old game with the new patch and expect to get the same results, especially with the same tactic! The way the match is played has been radically changed and it is very possible that you'll get better results and more satisfaction by starting a new game or at least trying a new tactic.

well i apologise for the quality of my english, i do suppose you are some arrogant twat who only speaks english and no other language.

but if you prefer we might aswell communicate in german, spanish or french my monolingual bumholefriend...

nevertheless, back to the topic: i have been playin this series since cm2 and although its not considered to be an ideal solution to continue with old save games it does not really make a difference whether i start a new game or continue with my old one.

i just think that SI's effort to fix the shot/ratio bug with almost no goals inside the box and no strikers trying to round the keeper was going further than it should have...

I'm frustrated as hell with conceding so many, but there will be a tactical work-around.

There are a few threads in the tactics forum.

I started with my old 4-3-3 tactics and kept losing 3-2 and 5-3, but then tried a 442 diamond and still conceded too plenty - but not as many as before - and scored more.

It's still not good enough for my team to win all the games they should, but the improvement is evidence enough that there is a solution.

Still yelling at the PC tho.

Perhaps you'd both like some handbags? I'd refer you both to the "These Forums" thread at the top of the forum.

I think that SI have toned down the agility of the goalkeepers - this is an unfortunate side effect of it. I have not noticed such a high proportion of succesful shots, but have certainly noticed the difference!

yes i am aswell experimenting with the tactics now...

still i havent had a 0-0 yet over the whole season very weird...

even i who used to bitch about 8.0.1 am considering to jump back to 8.0.1 but there the übergood goalkeepers etc used to do my head in...

SI i would be eternally grateful if you find a compromise between 8.0.1 and 8.0.2...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mirrork:

well i apologise for the quality of my english, i do suppose you are some arrogant twat who only speaks english and no other language.

but if you prefer we might aswell communicate in german, spanish or french my monolingual bumholefriend...

nevertheless, back to the topic: i have been playin this series since cm2 and although its not considered to be an ideal solution to continue with old save games it does not really make a difference whether i start a new game or continue with my old one.

i just think that SI's effort to fix the shot/ratio bug with almost no goals inside the box and no strikers trying to round the keeper was going further than it should have... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should be more precise: I was commenting on your lack of capitals and the way you are using more than one . at the end of your sentences. Something that hasn't much to do with language proficiency but a lot more with writing!

The reason I wasn't so precise is because I'm not so certain about my grasp of the English language to confer that message clearly. Yes, English is my second language! I am a full-blooded Dutchman and proud of it. German, Spanish or French would indeed pose serious problems to my ability to express myself, but be assured that I can understand and read all these three languages. A part of studying history, I'm afraid.

Bumholefriend? I am neither your friend nor do I allow you to have any kind of business with my bumhole, thank you very much. As for being arrogant and a twat I fear I do deserve those traits... icon_frown.gif In my defence I also tried to help you with your problem, instead of disregarding your problem or ignoring your post at all.

As for your topic, I fear that you are incorrect in your statement that continuing an old game doesn't make much of a difference. However there are still ways to solve your problem, a few of them I spoke of in my earlier post. Whether SI went to far I don't really know, and I think it is too early to make a serious judgement on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">still i havent had a 0-0 yet over the whole season very weird... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am in Jan 2008 with Newcastle. Had one 0-0, against Wigan I think. The next lowest score I can remember is a 2-1; can't remember which team. Rare, but they happen. Not sure how.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> there the übergood goalkeepers etc used to do my head in...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, there were tactical work arounds with 801 which I've not nailed in 802 yet. The better keepers were to combat the problem of too many goals scored in 800, making them appear better than they should. When you come up against a so-called "superkeeper" with your 30 shots to their 2, all you had to do was change your tempo or passing style around the 70-min mark and 9 times out of 10 you'd score. Then you had to change tactics again to be very defensive in order to defend the lead.

Took me a while to work it out, but it was do-able.

Just hope 802 works as well eventually.

much a do about nothing

Well then i deeply apologise. You seem to be a nice guy and maybe we can be bumholefriends one day. I do aswell congratulate you to your noble smooth syntax and usage of the english language which is perhaps better than of 50 % of the natives.

My law studies have sort of deteriorated my "prosa" and got me to a point where i try express the core of my message with as little words as possible.(every cut out adjective is a victory as hemingway was once quoted)

But then again who defines what writing skill is? My posts serve a purpose and this is to express my view as clearly and with as little effort as possible and this is no poetry or prosa jam.

I would be delighted though if you could keep me updated on the progress you make in finding a tactic that gives me back a boring italian catenaccio 0-0.

Cheers

I've noticed a lot of people complaining about this, but I personally am yet to see it. I've only scored once from direct freekicks for the season with 8.02. About a dozen for indirect ones. Corners definitely score too many goals, but also not to the extent that a lot of people seem to be saying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well i apologise for the quality of my english, i do suppose you are some arrogant twat who only speaks english and no other language.

but if you prefer we might aswell communicate in german, spanish or french my monolingual bumholefriend... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you expect a reasonable discussion? lol. I'll be nice, for now and say that as you have been told there are a multitude of different factors involved that I am sure you have not taken into effect. Instead of trying to get attention stop posting useless comments on why not read one of the many threads already discussing this.

And after all that, millions of people play the game and don't complain, so they are all either easily pleased, or have no problem with it, so why not also 'think' about why your having this problem when the majority do not?

I think i just hit the 80 %. Just lost 3-5 at home with a 5-2-2-2 and really defensive tactics vs a relegation candidate. It doesnt matter whether i play a 4-4-2 a 4-3-3 or how i set my tactics, the goals keep coming like in charity matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mirrork:

much a do about nothing

Well then i deeply apologise. You seem to be a nice guy and maybe we can be bumholefriends one day. I do aswell congratulate you to your noble smooth syntax and usage of the english language which is perhaps better than of 50 % of the natives.

My law studies have sort of deteriorated my "prosa" and got me to a point where i try express the core of my message with as little words as possible.(every cut out adjective is a victory as hemingway was once quoted)

But then again who defines what writing skill is? My posts serve a purpose and this is to express my view as clearly and with as little effort as possible and this is no poetry or prosa jam.

I would be delighted though if you could keep me updated on the progress you make in finding a tactic that gives me back a boring italian catenaccio 0-0.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much for your pleasant reply. On the subject of writing skills, I should explain that history classes in Holland stress the necessity of skilled writing to a certain extreme, and I fear I might have become (comparable as to how your law studies have changed your way of writing) a little too critical. My apologies.

However, to me a post without capitals and a lot of ... is hard to read and harder to understand! Of course it is not at all necessary to write a book on the internet but if your goal is to write clearly then I would be delighted if you'd continue to write in the manner of your last post! icon_biggrin.gif

I've got a nice 4-4-2 tactic that seems to work quite effectively (although not very catenaccio), I do have some understanding of the match engine that could prove helpful. If I would want to play catenaccio on FM I'd play a system with two strikers or a lone centre-forward, with a packed midfield and defence which link up with eachother in defence. A low creativity coupled with, possibly an attacking mentality and a long ball approach to the attacker(s). Width, tempo and defence line dependent on the opponent.

Very important in such tactics is the technical talent and intelligence across the pitch, coupled with hard working midfielders, powerful defenders and creative strikers who can decide matches with a single action (players like Ibrahimovic, Shevshenko, Ronaldo, Adriano, etc. are fine examples and the difference in tasks for a catenaccio striker and a for example Chelsea striker explains to an extend the success a player like Shevshenko had in Italy compared to England).

So conceding a goal per game is good in 8.02 patch? I was worried my tactic was bad that I was conceding almost every game. Turns out my tactic is good for the patch or it might be that I am inter milan and have an awesome defence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andoz2000:

also i find that when I player with a lower league team, I can pretty much guarentee that the AI team will ALWAYS score with the first shot of the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This happened something like eight games in a row in the BSP for me - I pretty much factored it in after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the bad thing is ure stuck with 802 as you cant got back to previous patch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anyone wants to, I understand you have to uninstall the whole FM game, which removes all patches too, then reinstall the game and patch up as far as you like. Your saved games remain unless you started them with 802.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hogan23:

the bad thing is ure stuck with 802 as you cant got back to previous patch..a major factor to me deciding to quit the game..well for the time beingicon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure you can, all you have to do is think a little BEFORE applying any patch.

As soon as my download finishes I locate the FM.exe file on my computer and copy it. I then paste it into the same folder and rename it FM[version number].exe

Having done that I can then apply the new patch (which will automatically locate and update the FM.exe file, leaving FM[version number].exe well alone) safe in the knowledge that if there are any huge issues with the patched game I can revert back to the older version in less than a minute.

Failing that you could always try going back to a Restore Point set on your computer (not sure if that would work or not though).

Backpack is correct. Uninstall, reinstall and apply patch you want. icon14.gif

Anmy games started on 02 patch will not work with 01.

And for what...it takes the same amount of time as it takes to make a coffee...hardly life threatening time is it imo?

• SI Staff

This is from our soak test of 8.0.2 in season 1 only, and with no human managers:

English Premier Division

---------------

Games played 380

Goals per match 2.67

Shots per match 20.24

Shots on target per match 9.96 (49%)

Goals per match (home) 1.61

Shots per match (home) 11.48

Shots on target per match(h) 5.88 (51%)

Goals per match (away) 1.06

Shots per match (away) 8.76

Shots on target per match(a) 4.08 (47%)

Penalties per match 0.16

Penalty conversion 0.13 (82%)

Passes per match 708.81

Passes completed 478.05 (67%)

Passes key 20.25

Crosses per match 38.84

Crosses completed 7.68 (20%)

Tackles per match 32.61

Tackles completed 25.44 (78%)

Tackles key 2.69

Headers key 16.15

Assists per match 2.26

RPOs per match 10.12

Interceptions per match 144.12

Offsides per match 9.35

Fouls per match 29.46

Throw ins per match 31.71

Corners per match 7.70

Goals from corners 0.36

Goals from DFKs 0.11

Goals from IFKs 0.33

Yellow cards per match 3.51

Red cards per match 0.12

Injuries per match 0.76

Hat tricks per match 0.04

First half goals 54%

Goals by strikers 64%

Goals by midfielders 29%

Goals by defenders 6%

Headed shots 16%

Headed goals 17%

Long range shots 54%

Long range goals 23%

Close range shots 6%

Close range goals 14%

Draws 24%

0-0 Draws 6%

Win margin 1.40

3 goal wins 12%

4 goal wins 4%

5+ goal wins 2%

Goalkeeper Rating 6.94

Right Back Rating 6.85

Left Back Rating 6.81

Centre Back Rating 6.98

Right Wing Back Rating 6.00

Left Wing Back Rating 6.00

Def Mid Rating 6.78

Right Mid rating 6.88

Left Mid rating 6.86

Centre Mid Rating 6.97

Right AM rating 6.94

Left AM rating 6.96

AM rating 7.25

Striker rating 7.00

Overall rating 6.86

From this we can see that there is around 1 direct free kick goal per 9 games, and that there are around 11 long shots* per match, with just over than one resulting in a goal for every 2 matches.

*A long shot is classified as anything over 20 yards for this test.

Hope this is of use,

Paul icon_smile.gif

That all seems and looks pretty good to me Paul, though throw in the human element and the effects of moral, team talks, formation, player mentalities, tactics etc etc then see those stats change dramatically hehe.

But from what you have shown as a lot of people have been saying, there looks to be not a lot wrong there.

God stuff icon14.gif

Archived