Why Were the Roster>View>[individual position] screens not included in FM 2011?

These are vital screens when trying to evaluate multiple players at individual positions; especially if we arent going to use FMRTE. One weakness of FM is the cumbersome process of evaluation players for specific positions. Please reintroduce this feature ASAP!!

These are vital screens when trying to evaluate multiple players at individual positions; especially if we arent going to use FMRTE. One weakness of FM is the cumbersome process of evaluation players for specific positions. Please reintroduce this feature ASAP!!

What feature are you discussing? Was it in FM2010 and how precisely did you get there?

We never added that as fair as I'm aware, that looks like a 'custom skin' View to be honest.

Could you please add this feature to the game? It is cumbersome to fix the initial starting 11 without resorting to FMRTE. This allows a fair way to judge players at specific positions, especially in lower league and fictional games.

Perhaps you could show a screenshot of what happens when you choose the option? Since they don't have it in the game, they probably don't know what it does. I certainly don't!

Of course, I don't seem to have any trouble deciding who to play at what position when playing teams from lower levels without whatever it is. <shrug>

Perhaps you could show a screenshot of what happens when you choose the option? Since they don't have it in the game, they probably don't know what it does. I certainly don't!

Of course, I don't seem to have any trouble deciding who to play at what position when playing teams from lower levels without whatever it is. <shrug>

It is a screen that, for example, lists that attributes that are specific for a CD, then you can filter your players so that all CDers can be easily compared. Its a non cheating tool that makes player comparison faster and easier.fm3.jpg

It's easy enough to set those up youself and save them - just right-click on the column headers and then save the view.

Its lots of work for all the positions. Since this is a game that requires data analysis; tools that make analysis easier and quiker should probably be included in the game. It would also make it easier for first time players to get into the game, IMO.

Before downloading the below file, see this post: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231285-Why-Were-the-Roster-gt-View-gt-individual-position-screens-not-included-in-FM-2011?p=6020728&viewfull=1#post6020728

Bloody Hell.

That was more work than it should have been. Think there must have been a maximum size for the file as I had to delete the regular attack/midfield etc views to make it work.

Warning!

This is not a recommended course of action because I've forgotten how to make skins work so had to edit the fmf in FM's data folder. Before using this, make sure to put a backup copy of panels.fmf somewhere safe so you can repair it if it goes horribly wrong. Anyone who can remember how to make skins please feel free to sort it out so you don't have to do it this way.

This replaces the panels.fmf file that can be found in the data folder of wherever you installed FM.

Repeated for emphasis: this is not the correct way to update skins within the game, so make sure to backup the data files first. SI will almost certainly not condone this method of updating the skin. Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any crashes or computer explosions caused by using this file. It may ease your mind that I have not had a crash, nor a computer explosion, when using it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qy5vb9e4j6ayora

Have fun :)

Note:

You will need to untick the "skin cache" from the display preferences and tick "reload skin on confirmation" for this to work.

In my case I even had to restart my computer first because it was holding a load of stuff in memory and not letting it update properly.

newatts.png

Any mistakes, typos etc are not my fault coz I'm bloody tired.

Thanks for the modified views. They work great except for a few problems:

The three central defender views are duplicated in the list with the second views having fewer attributes: Defend (CDDf/LDDf), Stopper (CDSt,LDSt) and Cover (CDCv/LDCv).

Some views must be defined twice since the columns are repeated. Midfield roles (Central Midfielder - Support, Advanced Playmaker - Support, and Advanced Playmaker - Attack) and Forward Roles (Advanced Playmaker - Support, and Advanced Playmaker - Attack). I also don't know if you intended the Advanced Playmaker roles to be list under both Midfielder and Forward.

All in all, great work with a few minor problems.

Limited Defenders do have less attributes, that's intentional (by SI, not me).

No, I don't think the advanced playmaker roles were meant to be under both, but it's acceptable enough that I can't be arsed to fix it :D

Note:

You will need to untick the "skin cache" from the display preferences and tick "reload skin on confirmation" for this to work.

In my case I even had to restart my computer first because it was holding a load of stuff in memory and not letting it update properly.

newatts.png

Any mistakes, typos etc are not my fault coz I'm bloody tired.

Mistake: two lots of Central defender, rather than a limited defender

Archived