Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

When i try to load the fm11 demo i get this message Cannot run game: Failed to set up graphics system

i was wondering if anyone had got the same message and somehow found a fix for it

I have tried everything on this page but still no luck :(http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post5998598

I could also run fm10 on 2d so i thought fm11 demo would of been fine

Same here. Played FM10 just fine, even if, I remember, the same error appeared with FM10, but it worked out well, just updating graphics card/DirectX SDK. Already done that with the FM11 Demo, and still the same error.

i just gave up still not working been tryin since 10 this morning

I wondering could this be because its the Strawberry demo with all the Graphics and am i likely to get the same problem if i download the vanilla demo tonight

But then again i could play fm10 with no problems nso i thought fm11 would be fine

I wondering could this be because its the Strawberry demo with all the Graphics and am i likely to get the same problem if i download the vanilla demo tonight

ya i was just thinking that fingers crossed

• Administrators

The majority of graphics cards from users I've received so far are below the minimum specs to run the game. For all of you I suggest making sure your DirectX is up to date, that your graphics card drivers are updated to their very latest versions for you to have any chance of running the game with an under-spec card. We'll look into this to see if there is an underlying issue here - and yes, I'm aware that some of the cards in question ran FM10 okay, but there have been changes for FM11 which may make this no longer the case. Cheers.

Guys i got the fm11 vanilla demo working thanks to Stant

Google and Download swiftshader

Extract the file to your desktop then open the folder "SwiftShader 2.01" then Copy or paste files

d3d8.dll, d3d9.dll and SwiftShader.ini to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo for xp

more help here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230786-Cannot-run-game-failed-to-set-up-graphics-system-FM11-Demo-please-help

Archived