Match engine in FM11

timmy

To me the most important aspect in any of the FM games is the match engine. Would there be improvements to this in FM11 ? If there is in what areas would this be in?

For me too the most important thing in FM is ME. It all about that after all, right? I hope it gets to be the best one so far and as we already know that there will be at least one patch, I hope it improves even more in the patch. Please do so PaulC. :)

Have a listen to the podcasts. The blogs are due to start hopefully next week according to what Miles said in the last podcast so you'll probably get more information in them as well.

Blogs start on Tuesday or Wednesday. He also said there is so much material, but he doubts he'll have time to write them every day, so they will be out every couple of days.

Here's a simple explanation.

Used primarily for 3-D applications, a graphics processing unit is a single-chip processor that creates lighting effects and transforms objects every time a 3D scene is redrawn. These are mathematically-intensive tasks, which otherwise, would put quite a strain on the CPU. Lifting this burden from the CPU frees up cycles that can be used for other jobs.

New animations, emotions and new camera angle are all cosmetic in nature.

Fm11 will have agents and I don't really care about interactions with agents and I fear it will make the game more laborious just like how it is with the current post and pre media talks.

Why do we play Fm11 compared to other football management games is because the match engine and the way the game runs by being more realistic is still better than the competition around. This does not mean it is perfect but I hope it can be improved such till an extent we can make a team play like Barcelona or Stoke or a lower league long ball team should we want to. From what I have read so far nothing much has been said about the match engine and I hope I am that they are saving the best for the last.

The ME is always improved, even in patches SI have added a few new features as well as bug fixes.

If you can find them, have a look at the release threads for the FM10 patches and you'll see that the ME has it's own version number which increments everytime the people working on it release it for testing. So often in patches you'll see a few different versions of ME listed along with the improvements/changes that the version has.

FM11 will be the same and I'd expect that it has gone through well over a dozen different versions during testing over the past year.

Archived