I just won even though I didn't

leedsf.jpg

So I am beating Man City 1-0 as you can see then Ozil scores to take the game to extra time. During extra time no goals are scored and no one is sent off so the game goes to penalties, during this penalty shoot out the highlights show the ball going in the net quicker than the player can get to the spot so it was hard to tell who was scoring. The score read 5-3 which I thought meant I was going out but my players ran to the corner and celebrated. I could not click continue for some reason the only option was pause even though the game was over. I holidayed for one day and saw that I had won so checked the screen and there were two extra goals and two players sent off.

When I view the highlights and look at just the goals it only shows up to 1-1 and then City winning the shoot out yet I have gone through. When I click on the phantom goals the highlights show a cross for Ade who heads it to another City player who then gets tackled and the highlight ends. Anyone else experienced anything strange like this before?

Yes this has happened many times. Its been reported AFAIK on numerous occasions. A quick search of the forum will probably bring up quite a few of these threads. Hopefully it will be sorted for FM11.

BTW how have you got Otamendi in the second season with Leeds? Is he on loan?

Yes this has happened many times. Its been reported AFAIK on numerous occasions. A quick search of the forum will probably bring up quite a few of these threads. Hopefully it will be sorted for FM11.

I tried searching but wasn't exactly sure what to search for lol.

Its a problem that can happen when tactic files go missing, a mate of mine in a network game decided to delete the 4-2-4 formation as the AI would often equalise late on with it. Anyway, about 5 games into the season fixtures were rediculous. The match engine was playing the scenario it could with no 4-2-4 but the game was still playing it as though the 4-2-4 were there. It is possible a tactic file has corrupted or been accidentally moved or even something with FM itself has lost the pointer to that tactic file and as such is causing this.

Well its a double edged sword depending on potentially what formation it was, 4-2-4 was the one that in the times of FM08 would snatch late wins for the AI. If its a more defensive formation thats corrupted or gone awol then sides aren't able to adjust to the more containing or apprehensive formation they usually would.

Archived