What the helll!

Sorry, should have added to it..

I was 3rd in Championship and they were 7th...

My teamtalk was probably not much but i said i was "angry" at half time (4-0 down then)

Why is it my tactics... good enough for 10 games unbeaten. Okay maybe i could have changed them but why when I am doing well... losing 6-0 is a little extreme...

After an unbeaten run they were probably over confident and just thought they would win. I like to let my players get a little bit cocky then bring them back down to earth by telling them I expect a win, works nearly all the time 4+ to nil usually.

Because your team thought they're were so good. They didn't have to work hard to win.

What he said. :thup:

It happens in real life, teams on a good run of form go into a game's too over confident, thinking that they will win this easy with out trying, and as a result of this over confidence they get beat.

What team are you? Unless your Newcastle or West Brom, then i wouldn't worry about it. :thup:

Overconfidence.

Managing Chelsea in the first leg of a CL semifinal we ripped Lyonnais to shreds, 6-0. I knew the comeback was coming in the second leg - I went to a defensive formation, used every anti-complacency team talk I could find. At 15:00 it was 0-3. Halftime 0-4. Among my subs was my right back who always averaged a steady 7-7.25 and laid a 3.9 at half. One of my centre-backs was at 4.5. Gave them the hairdryer treatment and at 50:00 it went to 0-5. Then I shifted tactics to a control, keep possession at all costs style. Somehow kept them from scoring again and won 6-5 on aggregate. Most nervewracking game I've played so far.

And then sometimes the random number generator goes nuts. As luck would have it, I just finished a League Cup semifinal against Man Utd a few moments ago and blitzed them 10-1 with the same tactic I always use. I don't think they make buses big enough for me to park next game.

Yup, over-confidence is the culprit in the first half, and you being "angry" is the reason for the second half.

From my experience, telling your team that you are "angry" in the half time might work in these conditions:

1- You are losing the game by 3 goals or less

2- AND you have professional and determined squad.

if not, it gets worse. Also if you are losing by 4 or more goals, getting angry won't work at all.

as I said, my experience.

Yup, over-confidence is the culprit in the first half, and you being "angry" is the reason for the second half.

From my experience, telling your team that you are "angry" in the half time might work in these conditions:

1- You are losing the game by 3 goals or less

2- AND you have professional and determined squad.

if not, it gets worse. Also if you are losing by 4 or more goals, getting angry won't work at all.

as I said, my experience.

Strange, I've always had most success with angry when I'm only 1-0 down. I always give them a big hug at full time, though.

As for the OP, I once had a ten game winning streak come to an end with a 7-1 home defeat to relegation candidates. Since then I've regarded "superb" morale as a ticking time bomb.

Strange, I've always had most success with angry when I'm only 1-0 down. I always give them a big hug at full time, though.

Hence my post:

telling your team that you are "angry" in the half time might work in these conditions:

You are losing the game by 3 goals or less

:D

you beat man u 10-1? What season you in?

2020 season. And no, I'm not a tactical genius I don't think. Man U gives me fits every year and they won the Champions League two years ago. I think its just an example that sometimes no matter what you do the stars are aligned in such a way that one team just never had a chance.

ChelseavManUtd.png

Archived