should i resign because of lack of funds

I,m starting my 3rd year as doncaster boss in my game.in my 1st season we finished 8th in the championship mainly down to the goal scoring of di santo who was on loan from chelsea.in my second season we won the championship with a squad of old players(who since retired) that i got on the cheap i.e sol campbell etc.i'm now about to begin my 1st season in the premiership and i face a mammoth task of keeping doncaster up.amazingly i have only been offered 750k in the transfer kiitty despite finances being down as secure.i have a lighweight squad which needs investment and i have already sold some poor players to add to my funds.I'm really annoyed and have job offers on the table from bolton and sheffiel united(also promoted but their manger left to take over from tony pulis at stoke).my starting 11 would be wallker rb.james o connor cb.russel anderson and sam hird.lb.lee naylor rm.coppinger cm.stock and woods lm.quinton fortune f.c viduka and novo.by all means that squad is not good enough.i love the club though and would hate to leave but i'm really angry and tempted to go because of those 2 job offers and the other jobs which are vacant.should i go

I would certainly leave for a club with a better reputation.

But if you're a die-hard Donnie fan, then maybe you'd want to stick with it? Tough one really. It's hard to be anything else than a selling club. Maybe use the money from the Premiership to build-up your squad again if you get relegated.

Itll be a challenge for you. You should enjoy it. Just think if you keep them up. Have you just got your wage bduget and transfer budget for the season. So are you at 25th of june. I would look for free agents. If you are in your 3rd season then there should be some decent frees that would improve your squad and help you. Also look at teams in Greece and teams in South America for players who could be cheap. Btw what is your wage budget.

90000 is my wage budget and i'm spending about 86000 on wages.i'm just gone into july and because of my wage budget i can't sign too many good free agents.i offered beckham a deal but he wouldn't come.i,m by no means a doncater fan i'm tempted to join bolton

my 1st 5 fixtures are chelsea(away),aston villa(home),wigan(away),bolton(away) and liverpool(home).my last 5 are sunderland(home),sheffield united(away),spurs(away),man city(home) and stoke (home).i think i'll stay i'll keep ye posted on how its panning out.i began pre season with a 1-0 win over millwall

At least stick with them for a season in the Premiership, just to see how you get on. After all, if you're just going to jump ship because of a tight budget, it makes starting the game with Doncaster pretty pointless to begin with, right?

Think of forum members who've taken clubs from the depths of the BSN/BSS, all the way to the Premiership and Champions League victories... low budgets didn't get in their way. ;)

my 1st 5 fixtures are chelsea(away),aston villa(home),wigan(away),bolton(away) and liverpool(home).my last 5 are sunderland(home),sheffield united(away),spurs(away),man city(home) and stoke (home).i think i'll stay i'll keep ye posted on how its panning out.i began pre season with a 1-0 win over millwall

The thing you have to think about is if you go down youll make alot of money whilst in the prem which when you get next season expectations they give you some money to get the team back in to the premiership. Check the board expectatiosn because if they are try to avoid relegation then if you do get relegated you should hopefully keep your job.

At least stick with them for a season in the Premiership, just to see how you get on. After all, if you're just going to jump ship because of a tight budget, it makes starting the game with Doncaster pretty pointless to begin with, right?

Think of forum members who've taken clubs from the depths of the BSN/BSS, all the way to the Premiership and Champions League victories... low budgets didn't get in their way. ;)

Ive just started a game with Droylsden yesterday. We made a big loss and everything but I helped keep them up. I have now got to do a better job with £1k less wage and no transfer budget anymore. I only have 18 players and 2 are out for 3 weeks.

i stayed on and my first 5 results were 1-0 loss to chelsea,1-1 draw with villa,2-1 win over wigan,1-1 draw with bolton and a 2-0 loss at the the hands of liverpool so not a bad start.novo has got 3 of the 4 goals while viduka got the other from the spot.

Archived