not in europe

I managed to come 7th in the premier league last year thus qualifying for the euro cup yet in the new season I have no european games even though they have started playing. Arsenal won the fa cup and also came third so there should be no rpoblem there either. Is there some other reason I am missing why I am not in europe???

I managed to come 7th in the premier league last year thus qualifying for the euro cup yet in the new season I have no european games even though they have started playing. Arsenal won the fa cup and also came third so there should be no rpoblem there either. Is there some other reason I am missing why I am not in europe???

Presuming England still have 4*Champions League & 3*UEFA slots then:

1st-4th = Champions League

5th = UEFA Cup

FA Cup Winners = UEFA Cup (as Arsenal finished 3rd it goes to 6th place)

League Cup Winners = UEFA Cup

You can check for certain by viewing the Season Summary tab.

Presuming England still have 4*Champions League & 3*UEFA slots then:

1st-4th = Champions League

5th = UEFA Cup

FA Cup Winners = UEFA Cup (as Arsenal finished 3rd it goes to 6th place)

League Cup Winners = UEFA Cup

You can check for certain by viewing the Season Summary tab.

Slight amendment to that:

1st - 4th = Champions League

5th = Europa League

FA Cup Winners = Europa League (if winner has qualified for Champions League or are unable to take part in UEFA competitions for any reason then it goes to the FA Cup runners-up, if the runners-up have also qualified for the Champions League or are unable to take part in UEFA competitions then it goes to the team in 6th place in the Premiership)

League Cup Winners = Europa League (if winner has qualified for Champions League or are unable to take part in UEFA competitions then it goes to the 6th placed team in the league, or 7th-placed if the FA Cup spot has gone to the 6th-placed team)

7th place is not guaranteed European qualification, and even 6th place isn't always enough. In real life in the past 5 years only 3 teams in 7th have qualified for the UEFA Cup/Europa League, Newcastle (2006) missed out because West Ham (9th) were FA Cup finalists but they got into the Intertoto Cup as the highest-placed team to not qualify for Europe, and Blackburn (2008) missed out entirely as Everton came fifth, Portsmouth (8th) won the FA Cup, Tottenham (11th) won the League Cup, Man City (9th) got through to the UEFA Cup via fair-play rankings, and Aston Villa (6th) got the Intertoto Cup spot.

Archived