Cheat Or Not Cheat

me and my mate did a network game and we both were using same corner tactic which leaves player to lurk outside the area which gets a lot of goals but i noticed early on game that he was using it so i went too tactics and put a player too close down corner and he diddnt and i scored 2 goals from it he thinks i should have told him that u can do that too prevent corner from working

so please give youre thoughts on this matter

I don't think having a player lurking outside the area is a cheat tactic, its very often employed by real teams.

So if you notice this player is punishing you and you make a minor tweak to close this man down to prevent this then that is just good management.

You both agreed that you would be allowed to cheat in using the corner exploit in the first place.

If now you find a tactic which counters that when you are playing each other, then your tactic is just and simply better than his. There is nothing illegitimate about it. Even in game he could have noticed and adapt his own defence which he didn't.

Well done :thup:

personaly a dont think i have cheated game because its a corner tactic thats it

It doesn't matter as long as you and your mate agree that it's okay to use it. It would be bad if one of you uses it and the other doesn't as you would then have a serious imbalance between the two of you.

What matters is that obviously you are free to set up your defence in a way that doesn't allow your opponent to use the exploit successfully. There is no cheating in it and your mate was free to think of it or to react to seeing your tactic at any time.

Not a cheat at all, would Ferguson tell Ancellotti what his tactical plans were? Of course not, tell your friend to stop being such a sore loser and perhaps spend more time on his own tatical research.

Archived