Loan fee for players from affiliated clubs

I took over at St.Johnstone at the moment when they were already relegated. Before next season I managed to bring several quality players on loan from my parent club West Ham. They didn't ask for initial fee or any wage contribution.

However, when I achieved promotion to SPL, next year West Ham had same loan conditions for me as for any other clubs - i.e. initial fee and mostly 100% wage contribution.

Does this always happen when you are not playing in top flight, or something else has influence on this?

It's that way when parent club decided to send player. I am talking about the difference in what they asked when I was in 1st div compared to SPL.

you could have lost you parent club. cos sometimes when you get promoted your board will terminate the link with the parent club because they dont feel you need to be associated with them any more.

Also, West Ham might have been the onse to terminate the link.

Maybe they just see you as being in a better financial position after your promotion, not sure

I have further investigated this matter, and it seems to work very strange. Not only parent clubs, but almost all clubs don't require any contribution if you are not playing in top division.

For example, scout reported that Arsenal will be looking for 2 mil. initial fee if I want to take their player on loan. However, when I go to loan offer, it suddenly says that they will let him go on loan for free.

When parent club initiates loan, i.e. decides to send their player on loan then there are no fees. I am talking about the situation when I as feeder club check who my parent club has available for loan and submit my offer. I thought that there is the difference between situation when I play in top or some of lower leagues, but the fact that clubs are willing to let their players go on loan to lower league clubs without initial fees and wage contribution seems to apply not only to affiliated clubs, but all clubs.

let me state a little differently because you confused me!

1) if you want to loan from ANY team the rules are in default which means that the two teams must agree on an initial fee (even 0) and on a % of the wages (even 0%)

2) if you want to loan OUT things are different. you loan for FREE to your affiliated clubs (if they accept). If they are not affiliated to you then rules are default.

Vangelis21, you might want to actually read what the OP is saying before offering answers. ;)

The question before the House is: Why are teams requiring the OP to pay a percentage of wages for loaned players now that he's in the SPL, when they weren't requiring him to do so when he was in the next lower division?

In other words, last season, in the second division, if he offered to borrow a player from say Chelsea at 0% of wages paid, Chelsea said, "Sure, here you go!" Now that he's in the SPL, Chelsea's response to such a request is to point and laugh, and suggest that he become acquainted with numbers higher than 50%. ;)

Maybe they were happy to let the player go on loan without a fee to aid his development and get him some first team games. When they see that a club is not in the top division they may be happy to let you have him for nothing as at least he will get first team games.

However, when the player has gained some experience and possibly improved, they may be asking for a fee because they see him as a better player now and don't necessarily need him to go out to get first team games because he has had some. They may also see you as being in top division therefore you will be in a better financial position and be able to pay a fee.

Is it the same player that you loaned last season? If so then the above could explain it.

No, it's not the same player.

In any case, it happened again. I am now managing Norwich, and all teams were willing to let their players join Norwich on loan without initial fee and wage contribution while I was playing in Championship. Now that I am in EPL, everyone is asking for both initial fee and wage contribution.

Archived