Your tactical style

I was just looking at my team, and i noticed that i only ever really play with one style, it always works for me, and i build my teams around it, but i wondered what other styles people like to play with?

Almost regardless of what team i am i set out (using the basic team instruction menu):

Philosophy: Fluid (may on a rare occasion set a team up to be very fluid)

Start Strategy: attacking

Passing style: Direct

Freedom: Expressive

Closing down: Press More

Tackling: Aggressive

Marking: Man to Man

Crosses: Drill (although i change it to individual wingers)

Roaming: More Roaming

I'm just really interested to see what other styles people like to set up with.

Oh and preferred formations:

4-4-2 (with wingers advanced)

4-3-1-2

5-3-2 (wing backs and attacking midfielder)

3-4-1-2 Attacking.

mixed passing

Rigid ( Only my Att Mid field and Deep forwards roam)

Standard pressing

Tackling default

Man to Man

Mixed crossing

Def line High

When I get to 3-0 I switch to counter and Balanced.

Used to use a quick passing, high line tactic

----------------------GK-------------------------

RB-------------CB---------CB--------------LB

--------------------------------------------------

---------------CM----------CM-----------------

RW------------------------------------------LW

-----------------CF----------CF-----------------

With the R/LB having a WB setting, CM's as Box to Box, L/RW as inside forwards 1 support 1 attack. CF's on Complete Forward with 1 support 1 attack.

Now I use a slow tempo, deep line, playing possession football.

---------------------GK------------------------

-RB-----------CB--------CB--------------LB

----------------DM------DM-----------------

-------------------------------------------------

---------------AM--AM--AM-----------------

----------------------CF-----------------------

Full backs still bomb forward as wingbacks, moreso than before.

1 DM is set to be DM, the other is a playmaker

The two outside AM's are inside forwards, the centre one is a Trequartaista

The Striker is a Complete forward.

The front 4 interchange positions, making them impossible to mark properly.

I usually play a 4-4-2, wide and with a high tempo and a high defensive line. Pressing all over, but standing off from tackles. Though there's some occasions where I will play slow and narrow instead.

I rely on having defenders that are good at jumping and heading across the whole back four as I tend to show the opposition wingers out wide as much as possible. I also like to have tall midfielders.

At St-Mirren I tend to alternate between two tactics, the most-used is a plain 4-4-2, using the "simple" individual thing so I have two wingers, an advanced playmaker, and a ball-willing midfielder in midfield, strikers tend to be one advanced one deep, but both on attacking, I tend to have one or two of my wide defenders on wing back, depending upon opposition, and honestly, the only other thing i tend to tinker with is making them sometimes press more and tackle harder, and I change from standard to attacking to sometimes even overload.

My other is somewhat of a 5-2-1-2 in a way, with wing backs pushed up a bit, it's usually used against tough opposition while away from home. I man-man on this setup though, as I have more defenders, and always pressing and hard tackling.

Also, I have a 4-2-0-3-1 tactic (to put it mostly simply) meaning two DM, 1 AM 2 wingers (or inside forward) and 1 striker. This I always play with direct passing, hoping they'll get the ball and hoof it up to fast players on counter. Man making is a must too with that many players back, it's pretty much a counter-attacking tactic in a way, for tough opposition, I use it especially at Bromley (low league management) but I have used it occasionally at St Mirren.

Bromley i also have a strange tactic, where I have 2 DC, 2 pushed up wingbacks infront, with a DM inbetween those wing backs, one MC infront of the DM, and then two pushed up wingers infront of that, and two strikers. So basically it's a bit like 2-3-1-2-2 In some ways, although in reality it plays more like 4-1-1-2-2. I often spend almost entire games on overload with this tactic, I'm not as big on closing down, It's pretty much a "score more than they score" tactic that has worked well for me in the two blue square divisions, it's been less effective in coca cola league 2 though.

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 with short and quick passing, high tempo, attacking strategy and very fluid philosophy. Full backs acting as wing backs, one deep lying playmaker and one ball winning, wingers set as inside forwards with support duty and a trequartista. The lone striker is a poacher.

Archived