Suggestion: Tournament Mode - Play specific tournaments like the World Cup

Permit me a quick Future idea outside the proper thread.

Football manager tournement mode.

You can control a team for one particular tournement; thinking internationally but I suppose club comps too, like short term comps, world club cup.

So, I'm naturally thinking of World Cup.

One can auto fill tournemant, have a download to get real life info or select all the country's that are competing ooneself, then select the country to play and multiplayer could be a big part of it too. One selects the players required from a pool just like now, plays the friendlies and so on.

I know it would be really fun right now to only play the WC in FM.

Probably been raised before but thought I'd say it.

Go Australia!!! :D

• SI Staff
i'm pretty sure this is in FIFA, can't really see it working in fm all that well but i can say that i agree with your last line. :D

Why wouldn't it work in FM? It would be great (IMO) to have a different mode of play where you can just fire into a specific competition and play that. Would be good for international tournaments like someone has already mentioned. It might not have any long term appeal but it would give the option of having a quick play around if that's what you want to do.

Why wouldn't it work in FM? It would be great (IMO) to have a different mode of play where you can just fire into a specific competition and play that. Would be good for international tournaments like someone has already mentioned. It might not have any long term appeal but it would give the option of having a quick play around if that's what you want to do.

Especially if it were designed so it stopped only a few times per day so large multiplayer games could wiz through the days.

Archived