"Not Responding"

Hey,

this isn't a major problem but something I would like to fix. When I create a new game or continue a game, the game freezes and informs me at the top of the window I play in that the game is "not responding." This isn't actually true though as the game DOES load and will move on to the next screen, maybe even at the same speed it would normally, it's just a bit worrying to see the game freeze and tell me it isn't responding.

any ideas?

I presume your OS is Vista or 7?

Try to run it in XP compatibility mode, see if that works. I can't remember if that did the trick for me or not, but i think it did.

From what i know it's a Vista/windows 7 issue.

Might be wrong though :p

I presume your OS is Vista or 7?

Try to run it in XP compatibility mode, see if that works. I can't remember if that did the trick for me or not, but i think it did.

From what i know it's a Vista/windows 7 issue.

Might be wrong though :p

yeah im on windows 7, I'll try what you suggested :thup:

Hey,

this isn't a major problem but something I would like to fix. When I create a new game or continue a game, the game freezes and informs me at the top of the window I play in that the game is "not responding." This isn't actually true though as the game DOES load and will move on to the next screen, maybe even at the same speed it would normally, it's just a bit worrying to see the game freeze and tell me it isn't responding.

any ideas?

Its not an issue, all versions of FM have done that for me.

Your PC just doesn't have the resources to tell you the game is running as its using them to actually create/run the game.

Its not "Not running" and will catch up with itself given time.

Its not an issue, all versions of FM have done that for me.

Your PC just doesn't have the resources to tell you the game is running as its using them to actually create/run the game.

Its not "Not running" and will catch up with itself given time.

It never happened for me under Windows XP. Not the compatibility mode, but the OS.

That only came when i started using Vista/7.

Now, i take it that Vista and 7 naturally uses more resources than XP. But in this case, what kind of resources do you mean?

I get the same message kinda freaked me out when i first moved to vista but the screen sometimes goes white or blank and says "not responding" but when its finished processing the fixtures or whatever it was doing it comes back to life.

When you see that message, it means that windows doesn't know whether the program you're trying to use has crashed, or simply busy.

or something like that

Archived