Loan Fees

I've just got Nottingham Forest promoted in my first season in charge and I want to loan the same players I got last season (Welbeck, Macheda, etc) but now they're demanding £3 million to loan players! It's ridiculous. Surely Manchester United wouldn't charge Blackpool £3M to loan one of their youngsters next season!?!

This needs to be fixed in FM11 me thinks. :thup:

I've just got Nottingham Forest promoted in my first season in charge and I want to loan the same players I got last season (Welbeck, Macheda, etc) but now they're demanding £3 million to loan players! It's ridiculous. Surely Manchester United wouldn't charge Blackpool £3M to loan one of their youngsters next season!?!

This needs to be fixed in FM11 me thinks. :thup:

I agree.

When the players are deemed good enough, they get taken off the loan list and so it isn't free anymore.

But I feel the AI has poor judgment. They take them off the loan list and then they sit in the first team playing roughly 5 games a season, better to loan them out than just sitting there with their value increasing to stupid amounts. And look at Welbeck this season, played a few games for Utd and getting lots of praise and still goes on loan (But that's probably Fergie ringing up daddy and saying "My Preston team are rubbish give me your best youngster).

I've noticed exactly the same thing, but I think it's due to getting promoted and now playing in the same league as the club you trying to loan the player off. i.e. you are more of a threat now (albeit not a massive one as Forest!)

Funnily enough, I am manager of Preston in a networked game with 2 mates. I have just won the Championship (by 17 points! :D) in my 2nd season. Last season I had numerous loan signings that did well for me. These were:

Matic (Chelsea)

Naughton (Spurs)

Michael Johnson (Citeh)

David N'Gog (Pool)

Last season, I was able to get loan players for no fee and no wage contibution

This season it looks like clubs wanting hefty (£500k+) fees and also 50% wage contribution

I can only think this is due to being in the same league as them? Preston hardly a threat either, but thats all I can think of????

These fees are rather disfunctional..

Managing in Portugal I see Benfica demanding 1 mil to loan out some of their youngsters to 2nd/3rd tier clubs. Obviously IRL these are loaned out for free..

Also I wonder if most of these fees apply to AI clubs.. Benfica always loans out these players to Boavista in the game who obviously can't pay these fees... :confused:ng

Yet I manage to get some good players ("decent premiership players") for next to nothing sometimes...

oh and forgot to add, that due to the massive cash injection for promotion, you should be able to just go and buy some decent players. Have a look at the teams that went down the year you came up.

I got given a transfer fund of £20.5 million when I got promoted. That has helped increase my wage budget by commuting some of it. Signed some decent players on free's and also looking to pay to sign decent and potentially attainable players (Steven Taylor, Ryan Shawcross, Rocky Santa Cruz) for future now rather than loan them in.

Yeah but the thing is, they are actually on the loan list so they put players on the loan list then they charge newly promoted teams £3M to loan them and demand you to pay 100% of their wages.

And as for buying players, I'm finding at the moment the players that I want either they don't want to sign or their clubs want a ridiculous amount of cash for them.

I hate this about fm this year. I love most things about the game but ive been teams in first season such as doncaster and preston i want to loan a player but they want a fee upfront like 2/3 million well if i had that money why would i want to loan him i may as well just buy him its stupid and has to be sorted out

• 3 months later...

Back again, started a new game now in my 3rd season. I'm now Chalton in the Premiership after back-to-back L1 & Champ titles. I loaned Macheda for both my 1st & 2nd seasons for £0 fee & £0 wages. Now he's sat in the reserves and his current status is 'backup'. Birmingham (Championship) have just had an offer accepted, I thought to myself "I'll bid too" but yet again I'm bit in the arse by that tight fogie Fergie! Please fix this in FM11 (:))

1zq3iqc.png

Yeah I had this even in Holland. I was Den Bosch manager and I spent 2 years in the Jupiter league before getting promoted. I managed to loan lots of players with none or minmal loan fees. I think I did a good job in giving young players some 1st team action at a successful club. As soon as I got promoted I was unable to loan the stars from the previous years as the clubs were now asking for high loan fees. I think in real life it should be easier to loan players in the top leagues.

The 25 man squad rule means that clubs would now often be happy to loan a player for a low loan fee if it means his wages are paid for, for the year.

It is frustrating. It happens in all leagues in the game. When I was managing Dunfermline I couldn't get the same players back on loan for free once I was promoted even though there is clearly no money in the SPL and in real life there are frequently Premiership players on loan to SPL players without any mention of fees. It would be nice if it was sorted just to make it a little more realistic.

The loan price is ridiculous, now I understand in most season long deals, regardless of division there is usually a fee, but no club in the world would demand £4.2million for a loan player.

I think £1million should be the limit for a season long loan fee.

Macheda has now gone to Birmingham on my game, on a season long loan. As they're in the Championship, Man Utd wouldn't of asked them to pay any loan fee what so ever! They might of asked for a percentage of his wages though, but how can a club like Man Utd justify charging Charlton Athletic £4.2M to loan a player but they don't charge Birmingham anything?

Rant over, once again SI please fix it.

perhaps the AI are being very smart. Perhaps your rep is now higher than Brimingham's, so rather than say 'No' and upsetting Macheda by not tletting him go to a godd rep side, they negotiate it so you will withdraw so he wont get upset and will accept a lower side?

Probably not what the cause is but thats what i do when teams enquire about youngsters i want to keep :)

I agree it looks like a bug, but having reaching the Premiership you should really be looking to buy players for the future.

I agree that you should be looking to buy players for the future but the reality is that its not always possible. You wouldnt expect Blackpool (for example) to spend millions on players for the future if they could try and loan some talented players that could keep them in the Prem. Blackpool relied on loanees to get into the Prem in the first place!

Many newley promoted teams/smaller prem sides borrow players from top clubs ie. Kieron Richardson to WBA from Man Utd, Wellbeck to Sunderland, Whiltshire to Bolton, Frazier Campbell to Spurs etc and im sure they dont pay extornionate fees. Players like Campbell were brought in full for some of the loan fees we have heard in this thread

During my Derby season I managed to get Javier Hernandez on loan from Manchester United (Jan 2010 - June 2010) for £0 and 0% wages. I won promotion and got him again, this time for £575,000 and 100% wages, after a decent season with me (20+ goals) United wanted him as part of their squad which all seems fair enough.

£4.2M for Macheda (on a season long loan) is ridiculous.

During my Derby season I managed to get Javier Hernandez on loan from Manchester United (Jan 2010 - June 2010) for £0 and 0% wages. I won promotion and got him again, this time for £575,000 and 100% wages, after a decent season with me (20+ goals) United wanted him as part of their squad which all seems fair enough.

£4.2M for Macheda (on a season long loan) is ridiculous.

This all sounds quite reasonable to me - bargain! This is how it should be. When at a top level club I have been hit with the prospect of paying loan fees going up to 3.5m for players who are listed as up for loan - this isnt particularly realistic in my opinion.

Archived