Valencia - begining 3rd season.

I'l sum up my second season first -

Really good season both on and off the pitch, made 17m in profit, came second in the league, got knocked out of the 2nd round of the CL to Arsenal on penalties.

So i decided to go transfer crazy, and my board gave me 30m to spend.

Bought Aguero for 60m (15m + 45m over 48 months) and F.Torres (20m + 32m over 48 months)

So my team looks like:

Akinfeev

J.Mathieu, Alexis, Marchena, Bruno

E.Banega

D.Silva,I.Rakitic

D.Villa,F.Torres,S.Aguero

Subs:

Marc

L.Caldirola

S.Papastaridiculouslylonggreeknameopoulous

J.Heitinga

A.Aquilani

Ronaldinho

Robinho

D.Drogba

Problem now is, HOLY SH*T IM LOSING 6M A MONTH FROM MONTHLY INSTALMENTS!!

Last month, made a loss of 8m

the month before that, 7.6m

Any suggestions as to what i can do??

This is why monthly payments can be used very poorly. Did you use monthly payments on any of the other transfers? Your wage bill must be huge it is no surprise you are losing so much money. SI shouldn't do anything about it to be honest you are the one spending it not them, if you can't manage your own finances then you deserve to go into debt.

The fact that you can spend however much you want using 'monthly instalments' is apalling. SI should do something about it.

It's realistic. Look at real clubs in debt or (mainly) administration. Most of it is money owed to other teams/players usually.

From what you wrote you should pay only 2m a month for those two transfers. And keep in mind that you should make a lot of TV money by the end of the season from CL and league position.

If you keep losing money, try to cut down expenditure and to increase revenues (wow, why came I never up with that one before???:D). If you overspent then you'll just have to sell I'm afraid.

Getting rid of highly-paid aging subs (like maybe Ronaldinho or Drogba) might be a good start.

I said before, ronaldinho and drogba aren't highly paid. The spanish league doesnt seem to be giving any prize money. neither does the spanish cup.

I also have other players that i used the monthly instalments for, not only torres and aguero. im leading hte league 5 pts clear off real madrid, qualified from my cl group and going to meet barcelona in the 2nd round -.-, meaning i have a chance of getting knocked out early.

I think he means his 3rd season with the club, not in the game. There is no way a club can buy all those players in the first 3 seasons (Torres, Aquilani, Aguero, Drogba, Akinfeev, Heitinga, Ronaldinho, Robinho). even if you got a few of them on frees, their value on the market is easily 100M+ because you dont just buy players at their value, but usually above it.

I think he means his 3rd season with the club, not in the game. There is no way a club can buy all those players in the first 3 seasons (Torres, Aquilani, Aguero, Drogba, Akinfeev, Heitinga, Ronaldinho, Robinho). even if you got a few of them on frees, their value on the market is easily 100M+ because you dont just buy players at their value, but usually above it.

It is entirely possible if you use 48 months instalments which is exactly where his problems are deriving from...

Well, it should be better incorporated in the budgets of later season. As it is now the budget don't take existing obligation into account sufficiently and thus allowing you to spend budgets which get your club into financial trouble if you use them entirely. :thdn:

you have done very much like what Portstmouth have done, bring in the best players you could, no doubt on super high wages, and pay off there deals monthly, and you have both found yourself in this problem, your own fault, and there is nothing you can do.

3rd season at the club, 4th in game. I did extremely well with Sporting Gijon in the first season in game, got them a europa league place. Then Valencia got a vacant, so i took up the position. My first at Valencia was horrible, finished the league in 14th, got lost the spanish cup against a 3rd division team, but won the CL which valencia had also qualified for. 2nd season, lost CL in the 2nd round, but managed to clinch 4th place, so CL football next season. I wanted to make sure i go as far as possible, as well as i had made a good profit.

drogba, aquilani, heitinga, free.

robinho, akinfeev, 12m each (were transfer listed)

Ronaldinho 900k

torres and aguero...well you know.

you have done very much like what Portstmouth have done, bring in the best players you could, no doubt on super high wages, and pay off there deals monthly, and you have both found yourself in this problem, your own fault, and there is nothing you can do.

Well, yes pretty much :p

won the league in this turbulent season, got to the semi finals and got robbed of a place in the finals of the CL. Tv rev from the cl saved me, and now i have a balance of 10m. I will sell torres to raise some finances to rejuvinate my defense, because marchena is 35 now, bruno is 33, and mathiue is 30.

Archived