What about Turkish Leagues?

Hello to you all,

I'm a player from Turkey. In each year's FM I start the game by selecting Galatasaray, which I'm a fan of. I'm just curious if there is anyone selecting the Turkish Leagues while starting to a new game?:)

I don't think so. At least I never do and for logical reasons. Turkish players are considered foreigners (fgn) so it is not a good market for leagues that have that rule. Also if we want fgn we can find plenty in brazil! same goes for work permits. Also, its reputation is pretty low so there is usually no reason for that. Actually the leagues loaded must be more or less the same always

I usually always do because my good friends are from Turkey, and there are usually some class players that come out of Turkey. For example, I signed a player for my Bayern Munich team that you're probably familiar with. His name is Berkin Arslan and he turned into pure class for me :D

yes but so?? choosing a league as "playable" doesn't mean that that is the only way to have access to its players! As i said before i bought Arslan for my AEK's side and had the chance to buy him for my Hull's side but didn't. In both cases i played without Turkish leagues. CLearer now?

Finding players - finding regens - being able to manage a team in a country are 3 totally different things!

Messi will be always there even without Spanish leagues or Argentinian players loaded right?

I usually load all the top european leagues and that includes Turkey. Have had a good save there with Trabzonspor in the past

Trabzonspor is the only team who became Champions except Galatasaray, Besiktas and Fenerbahce -which are Istanbul teams. That's why they are known to be the 4th club of Turkey. Also they had some historical wins against Villa and Liverpool in the past. Also I just started a career with Trabzonspor's affiliate club Karadenizspor.

DISCLAIMER: This post MAY include some player naming.

I generally start my first save of that game with Galatasaray, then majorly fail and get sacked in 2-3 months. But in this installment of the game, I actually came out pretty successful and am in 2020/21, still with Galatasaray, as a club legend. I'm also from Turkey, so I open the Turkish leagues no matter what as I know which young players will develop into superstars and try to sign them to the clubs I'm working with. For example, from Galatasaray, Emre Colak becomes an assist monster, while Berkin Arslan becomes a great winger with playmaker attributes (he has to develop the physical aspect of his play though). Berk Neziroglulari becomes a wonderful left-back, etc. etc.

Trabzonspor is the only team who became Champions except Galatasaray, Besiktas and Fenerbahce -which are Istanbul teams. That's why they are known to be the 4th club of Turkey. Also they had some historical wins against Villa and Liverpool in the past. Also I just started a career with Trabzonspor's affiliate club Karadenizspor.

You mean Konstantinople i guess...

You mean Konstantinople i guess...

Not really mate, that name hasn't been in official use since 1930, and it means City of Constantine. I don't know if this disappoints you, but currently there are no Constantines in reign around here, so yeah, he did not mean Konstantinople.

What a surprise... you are Turkish too! A little bit of history and morals for you. Stealing a place and renaming it is illegal, thus the place retains its original name and origin. konstantinople is one of dozens of examples.

PS. all that in a very friendly manner. It is not your fault personally

What a surprise... you are Turkish too! A little bit of history and morals for you. Stealing a place and renaming it is illegal, thus the place retains its original name and origin. konstantinople is one of dozens of examples.

PS. all that in a very friendly manner. It is not your fault personally

Good Lord,when people are going to get over it. By same token Marseille should be called Massalia, London should be Londinium,Belgrade should be called Singidunum, but they are not. What's next, claiming that Italians "stole" Taranto from Greeks , just because Taranto was founded by Ancient Greeks under name Taras ?

It's Istanbul, because population that is there for last 500+ years named it that way.I am not sure who did they steal it from, because Byzantines(who were calling themselves Eastern Romans) don't exist anymore(sadly, but true). They are all extinct, again for last 400 years at least.So it is Istanbul, no matter if some like it or not.Afaik, Constantine was Roman, not Greek.Since i have part Italian heritage , i should maybe claim city for Italians and name it "Il Istanbulo", by the same wrong logic.:pAnd those Brits , they stole pure (Roman)Italian city and named it their own capital:cool:

@ OP good job on getting Galatasaray long term successful. My understanding is that their income is not on level of other top European clubs (or is it?).:thup:

What are the foreign player rules in Turkey? It's always a place I have fancied managing in along with Greece but I have never got round to it for some reason.

You can have a maximum number of 8 foreign players registered and 6 of them can be in the starting line-up.

loool.

question on thread was only asking whether u guys load turkish leagues or not.

but some greek fella, changed the subject to history and race war . loooool.

i am just laughing. :) let them call it constantinople or whatver they want. let the greeks be happy as they are in real bad financial situation atm

anyways.

i always started my first game with fenerbahce as i am a season ticket holder since i barely know meself.

they were great with anelka, tuncay,aurelio,appiah,serhat in 2007.

became better in 08-09

and 2010. when u get fener, first season u can be turkish champions easily, but real challenge is european tournaments.

Abdulkadir and sertac from youth turns well.

also güiza is a goal machine as he aint in real life lol :)

peace

Ive wanted to start a game in the Turkish league for a while now, and finding out that only 4 teams have ever won the Turkish League made me want to try more, so i might give it a go now actually. (starting as Kayserispor)

Other than that i dont generally load the Turkish league, but i usually see some decent Turkish regens now and again.

Good Lord,when people are going to get over it. By same token Marseille should be called Massalia, London should be Londinium,Belgrade should be called Singidunum, but they are not. What's next, claiming that Italians "stole" Taranto from Greeks , just because Taranto was founded by Ancient Greeks under name Taras ?

Ah but you forgot one of the most high profile examples! New Amsterdam -> New York.

But yeah, I load the top Turkish league every time. Had a good stint at Kayserispor once, and yes, one of my best friends is Turkish. Want to visit someday.

I have two sets of leagues I will load up, depending on the game I want.

European and top clubs - England, France, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany, Scotland, Portugal. - I start in the scottish League and look to try and work my way through the countries ending up in Italy, Spain or England.

A Lower league managerment style - Wales, Ukraine, Russia, Turkey, England, Sweden - Always start in Wales and the short term goal is to get a job in Russia or Turkey, ending, if I make it in England.

I have occasionally have played in the Turkish leagues, but always gone for the third level teams. Otherwise, Turkish league is in most of my selections of leagues for a save, although I do use as many leagues as I can without breaking the recommended limit, so including Turkey is no big deal. I just like to go for geographic etc unity. Include neighbouring countries and in the case of Turkey, take immigration account and have Turkey included when I play in for example a German team from the beginning.

I have occasionally have played in the Turkish leagues, but always gone for the third level teams. Otherwise, Turkish league is in most of my selections of leagues for a save, although I do use as many leagues as I can without breaking the recommended limit, so including Turkey is no big deal. I just like to go for geographic etc unity. Include neighbouring countries and in the case of Turkey, take immigration account and have Turkey included when I play in for example a German team from the beginning.

Same here, i like to play it from bottom up , but because i like the competition setup.Plus i don't know to much (if anything ) about Turkish football , so it makes it even more interesting.

For same reason i like Bulgarian, Greek and Swedish leagues,or any weaker league with lot of low quality players like those. I am actually thinking of using one of those custom DB's to play Macedonian league to. I have feeling that Macedonians could give me some interesting career.

Archived