do you use scout reports or judge yourself?

ive always used what the scouts had said but im sure half of the players they say "is not good enough" or just 2 or 3 stars are good enough fo my team. just wondering if people judge themselves and is it a risk and are the players as bad as the scouts say they are?

Like Dafuge said, a bit of both.

If I like a player on the first scouting (taking into consideration his report and a quick scan of his stats -though they don't always make a player) then I'll scout him out again with scouts and coaches. I very often ask for my coaching teams view of a player.

If a player seems good enough I'll always try and get him in for a trial should he be unattached (for my own viewpoint). If he is attached then I'll get the view of every coach and scout at my club before I ever decided to sign him.

Sometimes I take a leap of faith but I'm lately very dubious about signings for cash. I bought a couple of Estonians for my current save and they are looking promising, but I must have scouted them over and over again before jumping in.

I rarely sign/buy players whose reports suggests are not suitable for the big time or are injury prone.

Ha, the thing is, doing a trial is absolutely pointless in game terms as you can't 'see' the type of things a real manager can see in a real life player.

It sounds the part but in practice you'll find out very, very little.

I use my own judgement for older players, and scouts for potential players.

Same here actually. With the older players what you see is what you get but with the youngsters the scout report is essential to find out if they have much potential to improve.

Both for current ability, scout reports and if possible, trials, for younger players.

I'm not particularly interested in player reputations, more so their abilities and suitability for roles I'm looking to fill. I've had players who have been regarded as "average" by my scouts, who've performed exceptionally, because they near perfectly suit the role I'm signing them for.

Myself. The scout reports can be offputting. For example, when theres a player who you're not sure whether they will turn out good, the scouts would say "he's good, or he's got potential". But you look at him and think, I won't have any space for him.

How do you judge the 'star' rating for players in scout reports. Does it change depending on the team you are managing??

With Liverpool, Jamie Carragher is rated as 3 stars, Kuyt is 2.5 stars as well as a host of others. These two have been excellent players for Liverpool...why are their stars so low. What would you say the stars mean? 5 stars is like Pele?

If they can just be explained that'd be great.

Thanks.

Both

if i see a good player i always ask for a scout report..sometiems even 2

I also made 4 plays with very low CA and reputation, put their stats way up high..and dumped them in a nigerian Football team

the players started out extremly low but all turned into world class players at 22-23 and still have very high stats at 34-35.. when i scouted them the reports came back as future leading players

so sometimes u should trust the Scout

How do you judge the 'star' rating for players in scout reports. Does it change depending on the team you are managing??

With Liverpool, Jamie Carragher is rated as 3 stars, Kuyt is 2.5 stars as well as a host of others. These two have been excellent players for Liverpool...why are their stars so low. What would you say the stars mean? 5 stars is like Pele?

If they can just be explained that'd be great.

Thanks.

3 stars= average first teamer at your club (going by club reputation). Carragher is what is expected for a Liverpool centre back, Kuyt is slightly below expectations but still very good, Gerrard and Torres are above expectations. At a much lesser club, let's say Everton, they'd all be well above expectations.

3 stars= average first teamer at your club (going by club reputation). Carragher is what is expected for a Liverpool centre back, Kuyt is slightly below expectations but still very good, Gerrard and Torres are above expectations. At a much lesser club, let's say Everton, they'd all be well above expectations.

Okay, so generally a 2.5 star player for a club like liverpool is pretty decent then and would be a suitable rotation player. Where as a 3 star player is a regular, and anything above 3 stars would be considered an important first team player.

This is what I am gathering from that.

Archived