Compensation.

release clause is an amount that if you offer it the other team cannot reject. Throughout his contract.

Compensation is an amount that the team that owns the player must receive when the player leaves before the end of his contract. Usually in the era between 12 and 6 months remaining till the end of the contract.

My question is such because i thought the the less the time remaining in a contract, the less the compensation should be. but it doesn't seem to be the case recently

release clause is an amount that if you offer it the other team cannot reject. Throughout his contract.

Compensation is an amount that the team that owns the player must receive when the player leaves before the end of his contract. Usually in the era between 12 and 6 months remaining till the end of the contract.

My question is such because i thought the the less the time remaining in a contract, the less the compensation should be. but it doesn't seem to be the case recently

Oh thanks man I've always wondered what a release clause did :thup:

In real life it would be a tribunal that decides on the player's worth combined with his prosects etc. I suspect FM takes similar factors in to consideration such as his worth, how many years he has on his contract and his ability.

So some equation hidden in the code. I'm sure it's done as close to real life as possible.

Archived