Why is this game so hard?

I've been sacked in november of season 2 with atheltico Madrid, i finished 3rd in season one and had 40m to spend and brought a good young team so why 10 matches in have they sacked me all of a sudden? I've been poor in Europe and lost 3 games and drawn 3 in the league. I had something similar with Palermo so why does this keep happening? Is there anyway to change this?

What were your expectations for the season in the league and Europe? If you've spent all of the 40m the board might be expecting better than 3 points from 6 games in the league and poor European form.

The hardest part of this game is getting your tactics right for the team you have.

I usually start as Barcelona, play a 451 / 433 formation like real life Barcelona, once I've got the team settled and playing the way they are comfortable, the dominate possession in every game and almost always win.

This tends to get boring after two/three seasons, so I then go else where.

I'm currently in my third season with Man Utd and perfecting a 442 which I've never done before.

I tried other tactics but Man Utd only had one inside forward (which I play with my Barca formation) so I tried to get a good 442 going.

Three seasons on, I'm still playing a 442 but have AMR and AML as inside forwards as they're my preference and I've got great players there now (Hazard for one).

It does take time this game.

I've invested a lot into it but now I'm reaping the rewards.

Tactics and players are everything. You can't expect to win matches without players who are playing in a formation they are happy with - AND - that formation has to be decent too.

One little tactical tip I can give you is this;

If you play a 442 - make sure the two central mids and the two central strikers are given different instructions.

eg. the two central mids, i play both on 'support' but one is a ball winning mid (left side) and the other an advanced play maker (right side). The playmaker is allowed to make lots of runs forward, the ball winner, none (rarely).

Same with the two strikers, the left sided striker is a defensive striker and drops into the hole while the right sided striker is an advanced forward.

Therefore, there's a really nice balance in the central areas, staggered if you like.

Works for me and my team!

Hope this helps.

in every team i play 442 and vary it depending on the opposition, when i do well, no-one complains as soon as the results slip the media start saying i change formation too much. I have one CM defending and one supporting and 2 wingers. I said ill challenge for the title but i havent had a chance to challenge as ive just had poor form and i spent almost all the money. Ive only managed abroad so far but was thinking of doing a championship team will I get more of a chance in England or not? Every time i have bad form I get sacked... and because of this have never completed season 2

Im getting more and more despondent with tactics in this version. Why is it I win get beaten by small teams despite my tactics holding up against better teams?

I think the balance in this years match engine is poor, in-fact i think this is the worst game for years.

if you are buying and selling lots of players, such that you have a whole new team, then they will not play well as a team until they have gone through a number of matches together, so you will struggle

best to make only one or two changes, let those players settle in, then add another player or two

Try this tactic (10.3 classic) http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=194951 do a season and post your results here.

This a result in the second leg of the CL QF i had with it:

74633373.png

I know it is possible but how can one team dominate another (in terms of shots - and only 1/4 were long shots and CCC's) and have only 48% posession! Yes it is possible but you would think you would have had more posession than that. :eek:

If you feel like your tactics really are sound, I find that (a) a gelled team performs the tactic better, (b) individuals need to be talented in the specific roles they are given, and © a motivated team of good morale performs better. The more I play FM, the more I find myself massaging and managing morale and motivation of my players and the less I make major changes to my tactics (other than minor tweaks based on personnel*).

* I tend to stick with a formation / general tactic for a few seasons or more. I prefer to build a team to a tactic. However I do tweak the specific roles based on the players available to fill them [i.e. advanced playmaker (support) vs central midfielder (support) vs box-to-box midfielder (support), as necessary and appropriate].

Archived