Buying new PC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrredfoot:

could people tell me (also like to hear from sigames) that when buying a new pc what should you look with FM in mind?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The minimum and recommended spec for FM is listed on the box so check that out.

I would have thought 1GB RAM would be minimum (box probably states 512MB absolute minimum). Obviously get as much as you can afford though. If you're buying a brand new PC, then no doubt it's pretty well equipped anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I would have thought 1GB RAM would be minimum (box probably states 512MB absolute minimum). Obviously get as much as you can afford though. If you're buying a brand new PC, then no doubt it's pretty well equipped anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1gb isnt enough these days.

2gb is the new min. for windows and games together.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrredfoot:

also want to keep in mind buying future FM as i probs wont upgrade for maybe 2-3 years, am looking to spend between 500-900 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pounds?

If so, get a q6600, 4GB of ddr 800 corsair (nice and cheap) and an asus mobo. It will eat anything you throw at it ..

Gfx card wise, if you like to play other games, think about a ATi HD3870 w/ 512 mb of ram. Cheap, does the job ..

www.ebuyer.co.uk has the best service/prices currently

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I would have thought 1GB RAM would be minimum (box probably states 512MB absolute minimum). Obviously get as much as you can afford though. If you're buying a brand new PC, then no doubt it's pretty well equipped anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2gb is the new min. for windows and games together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got 1GB. Miraculously my FM works with no problems.

Like I said earlier - get as much as you can. But don't say 1GB isn't enough, because it's fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gubbs:

Like I said earlier - get as much as you can. But don't say 1GB isn't enough, because it's fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, and I also surf the net and other things whilst on FM

Like I said earlier - get as much as you can. But don't say 1GB isn't enough, because it's fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I wont say it isn't enough. ********. It isn't enough.

If you really think you can run Vista and FM on 1gb of ram, you're talking out your ass.

New PC = Vista. Unless he purposefully installs XP, in which case 1gb is still not enough to run more than a couple of leagues playable ..

Whats the point of buying a new PC to play half a game?

FM uses 1gb of ram, on its own, with all leagues on and all players loaded. On a new pc, anything less is ********.

will check that site out gubbs the only game i am goin to be playing is FM mostly be usin the PC for internet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out Novatech for Bundles, Barebones and complete systems.

As much as that sounds like an advertisement, I don't work for Novatech icon_razz.gif

Ok I wont say it isn't enough. ********. It isn't enough.

If you really think you can run Vista and FM on 1gb of ram, you're talking out your ass.

New PC = Vista. Unless he purposefully installs XP, in which case 1gb is still not enough to run more than a couple of leagues playable ..

Whats the point of buying a new PC to play half a game?

FM uses 1gb of ram, on its own, with all leagues on and all players loaded. On a new pc, anything less is ********. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your point of view. Which is all it is. No more than that. As you've got a yellow card for "Libelous remarks", I can't really take much you say for granted. Have a smiley face with sunglasses icon_cool.gif

oops i didnt want to start a war!! anyone from si games going to give me any insight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may not work for SI but I can safely say that you should use this as the baseline: AMD Athlon X2 4600+, 2GB RAM

If you go for a AMD processor make sure you get either a Athlon64 X2 4600+ (or better) or a Phenom X3/X4.

For Intel make sure it's a Core 2 Duo/Quad E4xxx, E6xxx, Q6xxx, E8xxx or Q9xxx.

2GB is pretty much the sweet spot but while it's cheap you could go for 4GB and a 64bit OS (Windows XP 64 or Vista 64).

Graphics card, onboard is fine for FM.

Hard Drive, as much as you think you'll need.

Novatech btw do some cheap 19" Widescreen monitors that are actually quite good.

Dell, Novatech, eBuyer etc are all worth looking into.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">could people tell me (also like to hear from sigames) that when buying a new pc what should you look with FM in mind?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Minimum specs on the box say

Windows XP

2Ghz Processor

256MB Ram

Direct x 8.1 compatible sound card

4x CD ROM Drive

1024x768 32 bit display

750mb Hard drive space

Keyboard $ Mouse (obviously!).

So anything above this should be fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Same here, and I also surf the net and other things whilst on FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what they said. It's a little sluggish perhaps, but can still do both comfortably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

Same here, and I also surf the net and other things whilst on FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what they said. It's a little sluggish perhaps, but can still do both comfortably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to go with Gubbs on this. There is very little point in buying a new comp with 1GB of ram when most games that are coming out today require 1GB to even load (crysis)

If you want to spend £500-900 on a computer that you only want to play FM on then by all means get a computer with 1GB but dont expect to play other games coming out by the end of the year.

With £500-900 go ebuyer.com and build it yourself. You could build a quality computer with a retail price of over £1000 for £400.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRandomGuy:

what they said. It's a little sluggish perhaps, but can still do both comfortably. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have to go with Gubbs on this. There is very little point in buying a new comp with 1GB of ram when most games that are coming out today require 1GB to even load (crysis)

If you want to spend £500-900 on a computer that you only want to play FM on then by all means get a computer with 1GB but dont expect to play other games coming out by the end of the year.

With £500-900 go ebuyer.com and build it yourself. You could build a quality computer with a retail price of over £1000 for £400. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't buy my pc with hardcore gaming in mind. The only games I play on it are FM and an old version of Microsoft Flight Simulator, I spend most of my computer time browsing the web and chatting on msn. If I wanted a pc that could play games like crysis then I'd have got one.

Archived