Worried by lack of Harmony!!!!

Go through all your players one-by-one and solve any issues they have (want new contract, wants first team football etc). Once all these issues are solved, it should go away.

Crap advice, does not work as there isn't enough decent options to be able to solve these issues. You don't think i've tried that already?

Crap advice, does not work as there isn't enough decent options to be able to solve these issues. You don't think i've tried that already?

It does work, just don't expect a quick fix. You have several options depending on what the players problems are.

It does work, just don't expect a quick fix. You have several options depending on what the players problems are.

I don't expect a quick fix, problem is though i get no fix to it, can you explain what options i should choose? I've tried praising them then some say 'oh i don't have to do much now to get praise from you, HAHA, conned by the game again!' offering new contracts don't work, have tried asking them to change their game as its the only other option, sometimes they just reject that also, was allowed to call a team meeting once, helped my results slightly i think but harmony still 'very poor'.

same issues with me (its ridiculus i have 6 players who have brought squad happiness down) they were on loan last season and i signed them after sucessful loan spell but suddenly 3 days after signing they are saying "feels too much competition for a place" i literally have 2 players for each position except goalkeeper who i have 3 in total. Ive tried everything and still nothing poor morale and i wish there was a way to make a squad meeting to air issues.

I've found that it's hard to fix this problem when you have a LARGE team (Over 25 people), because you are going to have too many UNH and SLT statuses. I usually sell everyone that's unhappy, get things trimmed down, and that fixes it. Smaller squads are much more cohesive in my book.

I'm just thinking if its anything to do with training, like my assistants told me to do training drop' for some older players and i just couldn't be bothered as it was the default training, may look into that when i go back to my forest game.

• 2 weeks later...

The cause of the lack of harmony comes primarily from league position. If you are where you're supposed to be in the league or above expectation, squad harmony will not be a big issue. Unhappy players (want first team matches, want new contract, transfer listed...), low morale players (personality clashes, dislike team mate, harsh team talk...) are just added components to it. Therefore getting your team back on track is the primarily job, IMHO.

Of course you can do the "side quests" to help it (give players new contract, play unused players, send players on loan during transfer window...). Most important is probably to play unused players who want first team chances. Obviously, your regular starting XI aren't doing a good job to keep the club's position. They should be rested and rotated so that other can have a chance.

IMHO this is one of the most common mistakes. When you're not doing well, you keep choosing your best regular starting XI and hope that they will turn the tide. But while they are not in form, telling them that you'll rest them would be a better solution. Unused players have a chance to play so they aren't unhappy anymore. Regulars are rested, they have a good chance to come back with form.

I was offered the Forest job around Feb when they were in a relegation spot in the Championship. I’ve completely turned things around. I inherited dire morale and the first few games everyone was “playing without confidence” etc. With one game to go we’re mid-table, morale is excellent and I’ve had no adverse reactions in teamtalks, press conferences etc.

Despite this, every bloody time I’ve hit “continue” I’d had a slew of players whining about “lack of harmony” and “thinks we’re underachieving”. Since I’ve taken over we’ve been on almost title winning form, for chrissake. There are no mechanisms for improving harmony apart from calling team meetings when the game deigns to give you the option, and (presumably) improving morale and winning games. All these things I’ve done. The only concerns these morons have are achievment and harmony. One wanted to be removed from the transfer list a few weeks into my reign. This was done.

Now, with one game to go, virtually the whole squad have “lost confidence in the manager’s ability”.

Why? I’m absolutely bloody furious about this slack programming. I repeat: since I took over we’ve been on promotion form, maybe title winning form, and morale has soared. I genuinely regret with the fury of an avenging angel every minute of my life I’ve wasted on the cr@,p game.

Archived