How can I approach to sign english league players?

Hi,

I'm currently Arsenal in my second season. The January window has just gone, but I am looking at a few players with contracts that are expiring soon. It seems I can only offer players a contract that are not playing in the English leagues.

Why is this?

Hi,

I'm currently Arsenal in my second season. The January window has just gone, but I am looking at a few players with contracts that are expiring soon. It seems I can only offer players a contract that are not playing in the English leagues.

Why is this?

its a premier league rule iirc

you have to wait until late may to offered contracts

I think the rule is you can offer contracts to foreign players with 6 or less months left to run, and you can offer contracts to players playing in England who have 6 or less weeks to run. IIRC

Thats correct, its to do with our employment laws, not a football specific thing.

I think the rule is you can offer contracts to foreign players with 6 or less months left to run, and you can offer contracts to players playing in England who have 6 or less weeks to run. IIRC

This is the correct explanation.

Quick question related to this

Does this effect any team approaching players contracted to English teams, or just other English teams?

No its just other english clubs. Clubs from abroad are free to approach english contracted players with less than 6 months on their contract.

Archived