Ambiance

To make it simple: There is none.

- The original sounds are boring. The ambiance at important matches (CL, EC, etc) is even worse then could be expected. Maybe make it more diverse?

- When I win a big cup like the CL, I want to have the feeling I've achieved something. The only thing happening now is having my mailbox filled up with nothing-saying mails and a club-board saying I shouldn't party too much. I have no clue how to make this better, but maybe some others have great input.

- Seriously, consider investing in Champions League rights. I miss the logo, the anthem. At this moment it's almost boring winning the CL, only thing that is sadder would be the world cup for teams.

It may sound like a rant, it's not.

I'm just sharing my 2 cents on making FM2011 a little more enjoyable.

It's true that FM has never prioritised sounds, and they could be better.

You should try being where I'm at - tier 10. The attendances are so low there is no crowd sound at all, just the ref's whistle.

Anyway whilst i would like to see more work here, getting the rights for Champions League is a huge no-no. It would be massively expensive and only enhance the experience of big-time charlie glory-seekers like yourself. Why not just download the anthem and play it in your laptop of ipod when you get a tie?

@rich and @kickcrap

And a little joy doesn't fit in a manager sim?

Well, why don't you just mod the required logos into your game and play Handel's Zadok the Priest (champions league theme) on a repeating loop if that is all it takes to makes you happy.

Or if you are that gormless that you can't get any satisfaction then why not just change your desktop wallpaper to a big Champions league logo, buy the soundtrack and forget about the game altogether.

When I win a big cup like the CL, I want to have the feeling I've achieved something.

Tbh I don't need anything but the match itself for that. Yesterday I certainly did have the feeling I've achieved something after winning the CL finale with the only goal in the 116th minute and with 9 against 11.

To make it simple: There is none.

- The original sounds are boring. The ambiance at important matches (CL, EC, etc) is even worse then could be expected. Maybe make it more diverse?

- When I win a big cup like the CL, I want to have the feeling I've achieved something. The only thing happening now is having my mailbox filled up with nothing-saying mails and a club-board saying I shouldn't party too much. I have no clue how to make this better, but maybe some others have great input.

- Seriously, consider investing in Champions League rights. I miss the logo, the anthem. At this moment it's almost boring winning the CL, only thing that is sadder would be the world cup for teams.

It may sound like a rant, it's not.

I'm just sharing my 2 cents on making FM2011 a little more enjoyable.

I'm sure SI and Sega had never thought of investing in the CL rights. Good job you've come along to advise them!

Archived