Twin implosion

Managing Liverpool, it's been a mighty tussle at the top against Chelsea. It's not uncommon for a team to implode come the run-in, during the heat of battle, and in doing so gift the other team a free path to the title. But this is the season form of both teams, as both have seemingly hit a brick wall:

1st Chelsea (Pld 33/Pts 73):

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWDWWWWWDLDDDDDDDL

2nd. Liverpool (Pld 33/Pts 70):

WWDWWWWWWDWWDDWDWWWWWWWWLDDLWWLLL

To be honest, Tottenham (Pld 32/Pts 67) and Man United (Pld 33/Pts67) are coming out of nowhere to look more likely league winners.

Have two runaway Premier League leaders ever both thrown it away simultaneously?

And how do you attempt to control your teams form in order to peak when it matters?

Excellent OP - Ignore the yanks - they need a sense of humour lol .

I always feel that if you are closely matched with a club going for a championship then the game will seem to almost match your results for the last 5-6 games.

However that is usually winning or drawing but that is some implosion lol.

maybe you should remove the first couple of sentences of your post if you want a serious answer.

If anybody interprets it as an attempt from me to mock or disrespect, that's their problem.

I don't personally care. However, i'll heed your advice only because the topic will lose focus and turn into a petty argument.

1st. - Did you really take the time to color every different letter in the OPost in the teams' forms? :D

2nd. - It's usually me who struggle in the end, especially when a player "rallies the troops" - they just do the opposite :D

But yeah the AI tends to make ridicilous end-season games and drawing against unlikely opponents.

If anybody interprets it as an attempt from me to mock or disrespect, that's their problem.

I don't personally care. However, i'll heed your advice only because the topic will lose focus and turn into a petty argument.

Don't worry mate, I'm trying to understand what was wrong with that as well....it seems fine to me.

Are both teams still in Europe? Injuries? Who did you both play in the run in? A number of factors could contribute, I suppose.

Yeah im imploding now. 4 games left and 8 points behind Arsenal and i havent won in 3 games, last match i drew 3-3 with WBA :o

It does get a bit frustrating though, especially when teams such as Liverpool do well towards the end of the season in real life. they should maybe get an attribute which decides this, if there already isnt one

Yeah thats all i meant i've seen too many threads become arguments because of those kind of posts. Anyway about your question, i always seem to slip up towards the end of the season with liverpool. It always seems difficult to me to stop my team from becoming complacent against the smaller teams and w tend to drop too many points to them.

Don't worry mate, I'm trying to understand what was wrong with that as well....it seems fine to me.

He's already changed it.

I manage Chelsea, and in my previous game Liverpool were my main competitors from 2013-2016. They would start out in very good form, just as in your case, and drop out toward the end, usually after a defeat (or draw) from me. Their form would usually end up looking something like this - WWWDWWWDWWWWWWDWWWLWWDWWDDLWWLLDWWWDDWLL.

It's almost as if after Christmas it's all downhill.

Could it be something to do with the "big match" attribute? i.e. as the season draws to a close and you are fighting for the title, the pressure on the players increases and some of them crack a little.

Also, i think fatigue plays a huge factor at the end of the season. making sure you rotate players throughout the course of the season is important (where you can afford to do so)

Archived