Playing when he was 9?!

The OP has a point though, you dont see youth history noted for players in FM. Where does it say youth players for any of the English, Spanish or Italian players in their history?

Sounds to me like the researcher did his own thing without anyone noticing.

The OP has a point though, you dont see youth history noted for players in FM. Where does it say youth players for any of the English, Spanish or Italian players in their history?

Sounds to me like the researcher did his own thing without anyone noticing.

In Portugal they have. Lots of players have history from when they were 11-12.

Well ok it should say "Youth" or something.

I guess it's down to the researchers in those countries or if FM databasers decide to include all the stats for every player.

Beckham was playing at Spurs when he was 12. Joe Cole for West Ham when he was 14. Not sure if they're reflected in their history in the game.

Well ok it should say "Youth" or something.

I guess it's down to the researchers in those countries or if FM databasers decide to include all the stats for every player.

Beckham was playing at Spurs when he was 12. Joe Cole for West Ham when he was 14. Not sure if they're reflected in their history in the game.

You can see, though, that it says zero appearances.

All that history indicates to me is that he was registered at that club, not that he PLAYED. Major difference.

Oh I was talking about the forum in general, although a couple of the replies in here weren't really constructive responses!

which ones? If you want info on a player then thats different to suggesting why there is info on a player. The forums have different areas, this one is a general one but I dont see any pr**ks or sarcasm on here.

Oh I was talking about the forum in general, although a couple of the replies in here weren't really constructive responses!
You can see, though, that it says zero appearances.

All that history indicates to me is that he was registered at that club, not that he PLAYED. Major difference.

It shouldnt be included though as no premiership player for instance is included. Someone has said here that Portugal is mentioned but not Spain or Italy which is a little strange.

which ones? If you want info on a player then thats different to suggesting why there is info on a player. The forums have different areas, this one is a general one but I dont see any pr**ks or sarcasm on here.

Where did I ask where I can find any info? I just generally asked did anyone have any info. I'd already stated that i'd looked on Wikipedia.

It might have something to do with certain laws within certain countries. Where players are registered at top clubs but can't be presigned before the age of 15 or something.

So technically played for the youth setup but hadn't actually signed for the club.

(or something like that, I'm not wording it very well)

Beckham played with Spurs youth until he was 15/16 but signed for United when he was 15/16.

I think that's the difference.

In this instance Khallifa plays in Switzerland, which might permit clubs to presign players before the age of 15/16.

Perhaps?

Where did I ask where I can find any info? I just generally asked did anyone have any info. I'd already stated that i'd looked on Wikipedia.

What sort of info are you looking for then? I've seen and heard of players as young as 6 being snapped up by Brazillian top clubs.

I'm pretty sure it's do with certain laws in certain countries.

And probably not all research teams look for youth clubs because in that country they don't really count in that country. But it would make a difference in Switzerland and other countries, so the researches there knew to look into youth setups and include that in their History.

Perhaps FM just didn't include some youth history of players because of not every player could be found or proper stats for them or it was just illegal.

I don't really know, but that's my guess.

Seems like you're upset at the wikipedia link I posted. I realise you said you looked at wikipedia, I just posted the link so others could see.

At that point I hadn't really thought about why it would be included, until others started saying more about it, and you'll see that I agreed that it should be under "Youth" in an earlier post.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but sometimes without inflections posts can appear that way. I tried to make it jovial by including the "go go gadget wikipedia" as a bit of fun, not sarcasm.

I dont get this post. What does finding info on a player have to do with FM? the OP seems to have confused this forum with a football information forum. It isnt one. I dotn think anyone on here has been a smart-ass, Eugene Tyson simply offered the only link that came to him, its better than nothing. Also the OP seems to forget one important detail, no-one has to say anything itfp. If you really want to find things out then why not go to the club website or a player website.

You'll also notice that players of the age of 14 in South America, and you try to sign them but the deal won't go through until their 18th birthday because "Players U18 are not allowed to sign for clubs in Europe until 18".

I dont get this post. What does finding info on a player have to do with FM? the OP seems to have confused this forum with a football information forum. It isnt one. I dotn think anyone on here has been a smart-ass, Eugene Tyson simply offered the only link that came to him, its better than nothing. Also the OP seems to forget one important detail, no-one has to say anything itfp. If you really want to find things out then why not go to the club website or a player website.

I actually think it's great and adds realism to the game, where FM has researched the players and laws and included them in the game. It's great and a good spot by the OP.

Didn't really notice how thorough FM was until now. Very indepth game with a wealth of knowledge into how each league and country is run.

I actually think it's great and adds realism to the game, where FM has researched the players and laws and included them in the game. It's great and a good spot by the OP.

Didn't really notice how thorough FM was until now. Very indepth game with a wealth of knowledge into how each league and country is run.

Thats because it only seems to appear in certain leagues, non of the top 3 which makes it an obvious error in terms of research.

As I said earlier, they may not leagally be able to include their youth stats because they weren't signed to the club as professionals or presigned.

Whereas you might be able to that in Switzerland/portugal/brazil etc.

It might not be poor research at all, but from a technical/legal stand point they didn't start playing for their clubs until they were 15/16 years of age. Even if they were in the youth setup, it wasn't really as a professional or a presigned professional.

I'm not really sure what relevance it has to the game. Either the researchers did a fantastic job to researching or they did a terrible job.

Perhaps researchers in Brazil/Portugal/Switzerland include youth for a reason, but in England Spain Italy the researchers go by their profressional contracts and when they started.

I don't know about him being registered since he was 9, maybe it's a something to do with the swiss leagues. But about this player, he's a

He won world player of the year on one of my saves :cool: because of goal per game ratio for Real Madrid.

Seems like you're upset at the wikipedia link I posted. I realise you said you looked at wikipedia, I just posted the link so others could see.

At that point I hadn't really thought about why it would be included, until others started saying more about it, and you'll see that I agreed that it should be under "Youth" in an earlier post.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, but sometimes without inflections posts can appear that way. I tried to make it jovial by including the "go go gadget wikipedia" as a bit of fun, not sarcasm.

It wasn't just you mate, I might have been a bit harsh bringing it up in this particular thread, was having a bit of a bad night! No hard feelings! :thup:

How does it have nothing to do with FM? There is a 4 year gap between his first season and his second season in his FOOTBALL MANAGER stats.

Archived