Will FM come on the 360 again?

The problem with the Xbox versions (there were 3 if memory serves correctly) was that the limitations of the console set the game size way back. You could only effecetively pick ten divisions. or 3 leagues with the wizard, thus leaving a size of game about comparable to my first version CM 97/98, though with a wider choice. There was also often a long lag between clicking on something and tha action taking place which was annoying at times. It was a good distraction until I could upgrade my PC to one that could take FM05.

In response to Cloud S the Xbox is actually now the console for the hard-core gamer, even more than the PC. Also SI knows that a lot of their core customer base is, with the exception of FM, the casual gamer market. If you want proof of this just look at all the threads asking how to run a patch on these forums, or look at the computer specs on the box, easily the most basic of all the major releases of 2009.

• 4 weeks later...
XBOX is for casual gamers. FM would be too hard for casual gamers.

Not going to get into a Console vs PC debate here but there are a lot of hardcore gamers that use consoles. if any console is for casual gamer's it's the Wii.

Anyway SI have stated in the past that they will not be producing any FM's for consoles due to the problems that were stated above.

Consoles are made towards those who love shoot em up's and guitar hero, for footie management nah. FM was born for the computer generation and will stay in that format as it's the best way to deal with all the mechanics of how the game runs.

Have a PS3 but never touch it as im always on the pc gaming which i find better to play with a mouse and keyboard.

Archived