Fernando Torres????

In my third season as man city and need a striker who can score loads.

Was thinking torres as he is extremely interested in joining me. however, liverpool want a deal worth £130 million.

Anyone else bought torres, how much did he cost you? and any tips on how to get liverpool to lower there asking price?

Well, bartering is the only option open to you. If Liverpool have asked that much, all you can do is offer less and hope they relent. Realistically, LFC will do whatever is necessary to hold onto him, so it's really down to you as manager to decide whether he's worth what LFC eventually accept. Also, do some research. Is he likely to fit into your current side. For that money, are you looking at the prospect of fitting your entire side around him, thus changing your tactics and potentially disrupting what rhythm you've got going. All decisions for a manager to make.

I spent 100m to get him. He was injured more often than not and was generally useless.

I also paid £85m on Villa and £68m on Balotelli and they both did/ are doing a better job than he ever did, and they're 'cheap' too.... ;)

On a side note, I've smashed the £1 billion mark on spending so far this career with City. :$

Edit: And that isn't with Leicester City, unfortunately.

Why would praising his manager unsettle him?

Praising the manager might lead to him (the manager) placing you on his 'favoured personnel' list which in turn makes him much more likely to accept a bid for one of his players.

Also - ManUtactician wrote: "unsettle him, praise the manager" which meant unsettle him AND praise the manager.

Praising the manager might lead to him (the manager) placing you on his 'favoured personnel' list which in turn makes him much more likely to accept a bid for one of his players.

Also - ManUtactician wrote: "unsettle him, praise the manager" which meant unsettle him AND praise the manager.

Oh.. I see now :thup:

Archived