Feels there is too much competition for a first team place... The worst maths ever!

Just finished my first season as Aston Villa, and have been overhauling my squad to improve on a dismal 9th place, as well as clearing through some of my fringe players to meet the 25 player regulation.

I'd prepared a few transfers during June ready for the 1st of July:

Out:

Reo-Coker (MRC) £3.2m to Porstmouth

Downing (AML) £9.5m to Sevilla

Sidwell £5m (MC) to Stuttgart

Davies £5m (DC) to Valencia

In:

van der Vaart (AMC) £6.5m from Real Madrid

Djourou (DC) £2.5m from Arsenal

Then, up pops a bit of news saying "Ben Arfa unhappy about competition for first team place".

Well hang on a second, I've sold 3 midfielders and only bought 1, and NOW you're unhappy about competition?!? Obviously the maths in France is different to mine!

His best position is AMC. But he plays quite regularly in any of the 4 midfield slots I have (AML, MCx2, AMR).

Oddly, I was playing last night and moved a 17 year old kiddy (AMRLC,FC) I had in my first team for some friendlies back to the reserves and all his concerns went away. What an idiot.

Players should really make these judgements more over where they are played regularly rather than where their best position is. I'm not saying they should ignore their best position completely, but when Vanden Borre becomes concerned over me signing another central midfielder when he's played every game for the last 3 years as my rightback, its a bit ridiculous.

I find FM really kind with Ben Arfa, IRL he’s a ****, a rare kind of moron able to create trouble out of nothing. He’s really overrated in FM, especially his mental attributes which should be way lower. The kind of troubles you have with him are nothing to what he can do IRL; he refused to enter as a sub during a game last year, a game he wanted to play either he was part of the starting eleven or not, at least that’s what he claimed 3 days before the match! The guy also wanted to enter the pitch with Niang jerseys’ on the back, or failed to enter as a sub and had to wait a few minutes because he had a gangsta style necklace and obviously forgot that it’s for about 15 years now that you’re not allowed to enter a pitch with a clock around the neck. Transfer list him, that’s what I did with my first FM 2010 game as OM manager, and I didn’t regretted anything, I sold him for about €25M to ManCity, where he rot in the Reserves after playing some Premiership games and failed to make it in the starting eleven. He finally moved after 2 years to Tottenham where he never really improved despite playing a lot. If you’re looking for a great AMC, then look for Gourcuff, he’s probably among the best AMCs and he starts at Bordeaux and can be signed for about €25M.

At least FM2010 has improved this over previous versions - we now have more answers pick from so you can finally tell your moaning Striker the other Striker you've just signed is to play alongside him not to replace him, though I didn't see an option to point out they both play in different positions as it is annoying when your right back moans about you signing a new centre-back just because he used to play centre-back at school.

Archived