The Regan Problem

Having only played the demo I will be the first to admit I have no first hand experience of a 8th, 9th, or 10th season in FM2010. Although I have read enough from numerous people to summize that the regan situation has improved but is still leading to long game problems.

I hate to say this, but I actually think this is one area where S.I need to cheat a little bit. I'm already suspicous that if long game issues were solved then the desire to buy the game each and every year might dissolve, I'm not sure if fixing it completley are in S.I's interest.

But if they did want to fix it, How would people feel about it slightly cheating in this area. As it is naturally generated Regans are still not at a stage where the game holds up 10 seasons down the line.

What if S.I coded in some very good regans to appear at certain clubs every 6-8 seasons. If done in a moderate and sutble way it could really help the long term prospects of a career.

How would people feel about that? It is essentially an A.I cheat, but one I think would actually benefit the database in the longer term.

Maybe. That's pretty much all I have to say about the idea. Maybe.

And why would it not be in SI's interests to fix the long term game? Personally, I don't think that would discourage people from buying it. The opposite should happen, in fact.

And... um... they're called regens. :)

Maybe. That's pretty much all I have to say about the idea. Maybe.

And why would it not be in SI's interests to fix the long term game? Personally, I don't think that would discourage people from buying it. The opposite should happen, in fact.

And... um... they're called regens. :)

It would need to be done moderatley and wisley though, The idea of the A.I cheating waggles alot of tails and rightly so. But something needs doing, we've had years and years of this problem.

I dont know if it is or not in their interests. Politics is a funny thing. I just know if I had a football manager that didnt break 10-20 seasons in my career you'd be hard pushed to get me to buy next years edition. It would depend how many percentage of their fan base felt the same as to if its in their best interests or not.

It would need to be done moderatley and wisley though, The idea of the A.I cheating waggles alot of tails and rightly so. But something needs doing, we've had years and years of this problem.

I dont know if it is or not in their interests. Politics is a funny thing. I just know if I had a football manager that didnt break 10-20 seasons in my career you'd be hard pushed to get me to buy next years edition. It would depend how many percentage of their fan base felt the same as to if its in their best interests or not.

It wouldn't strictly be the AI cheating, as they wouldn't know who the really good regens are either.

But check out this thread. It shows some people's regens. ...really good regens.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=4389411#post4389411

Having only played the demo I will be the first to admit I have no first hand experience of a 8th, 9th, or 10th season in FM2010. Although I have read enough from numerous people to summize that the regan situation has improved but is still leading to long game problems.

I hate to say this, but I actually think this is one area where S.I need to cheat a little bit. I'm already suspicous that if long game issues were solved then the desire to buy the game each and every year might dissolve, I'm not sure if fixing it completley are in S.I's interest.

But if they did want to fix it, How would people feel about it slightly cheating in this area. As it is naturally generated Regans are still not at a stage where the game holds up 10 seasons down the line.

What if S.I coded in some very good regans to appear at certain clubs every 6-8 seasons. If done in a moderate and sutble way it could really help the long term prospects of a career.

How would people feel about that? It is essentially an A.I cheat, but one I think would actually benefit the database in the longer term.

Well, I'm 7 seasons in and I'm yet to see a problem.

My rampant Derby side is made 50% of regens at the moment, and there tons of good-very good regens about the place. There's nothing wrong with them, people are simply over reacting because they aren't as rediculous as in FM 2009.

What exactly is the problem with regens?

Crouchaldinho let a save run to 2039 by going on holiday, and at that year the situation seems fine. The highest valued played is around £35m, and it would probably take around double that to buy him. There are a similar amount of players valued betwen £20m to £30m as there are now.

Its a bit annoying how the better clubs get the better regens, when in reality as far as I can tell its generally the better clubs who end up buying regens from smaller clubs for small or large sums.

Apart from that, I generally look forward to developing a squad of regens. Usually do it in Italy with a team like Bologna or Atalanta.

Its not hard - you need a top scouting network and keep tabs on all the major european under 19 squads.

Thats the LAZY way to do it. I don't mind paying 1-3m for a high PA regen.

I have to force myself not to buy ALL of them. :thup:

What was the purpose of that post then? Absolutley none at all, the same thing you are complaining about apparently.

No, it had a purpose. To point out how completely pointless the thread itself was as your "point" was completely shut down by more than one person.

This thread on the other hand is just a continuation of you bashing the newer versions without due reason.

No, it had a purpose. To point out how completely pointless the thread itself was as your "point" was completely shut down by more than one person.

This thread on the other hand is just a continuation of you bashing the newer versions without due reason.

So you are saying all these complaints from various people about regens are infact a big lie and conspiracy to defame character and credibility of Sports Interactives ?

Get a grip mate, I bet I,ve given SI more money that you since 1993.

Its a bit annoying how the better clubs get the better regens, when in reality as far as I can tell its generally the better clubs who end up buying regens from smaller clubs for small or large sums.

Im sorry, but that's simply not true. A bigger club does get the better regens, at least, that's the case in holland, where I'm from. Sometimes a young (and I mean, YOUNG) talented player, say, 8 yrs. old, gets scouted at his local club. Then he can come to a 'talentday' for a club. But if he attends a talentday at ajax and fc utrecht, and both clubs give the green light, wouldn't he choose ajax 10/10 times? Big clubs have a big name, and they usually get the best talents, that's just how it goes. It's unfair, but football is unfair. A talent breaking through somewhere else isn't strange, but a truely world class player who has started his pro carreer @ some 2nd league-er is.

Ive only played one season, but I don't think there is a regen problems, cause iv'e seen a few in forums that were good.

So you are saying all these complaints from various people about regens are infact a big lie and conspiracy to defame character and credibility of Sports Interactives ?

Get a grip mate, I bet I,ve given SI more money that you since 1993.

The only problem I've seen people talking about in reference to Regens is not that there's a lack of world class regens later in the game (which is what you claimed in the original post to this thread).

The problem instead seems to be that the attributes aren't being spread in a way appropriate for the position in which they play for a lot of the good (but not world class) players. So you end up with lots of regens with unbalanced attributes or weak in areas important for their position.

At least, that's what the analysis at http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172218 seems to suggest.

Archived