Ass Man Opposition Instructions - Tackling - needs to be toned down ALOT/

My assistant does this too, and I let him. I find that every now and again I have some games where my team gets booked a lot, but usually it's not a big problem. I don't think I've ever seen him asking to slide away on the goalie though, that's a little weird.

This is based off some stat the ass man has. When I started my 'career' in the english league 1 the ass man I was stuck with for a few years had low stats, when I used him to set the opposition instructions he would only set a couple of players and didnt use hard tackling. When his contract ran out I hired an ass man with much higher stats ... and he does what has been shown above, everybody gets hard tackling and I was 2nd in the league for fouls/cards till I noticed and stopped using him.

Something needs fixed there for sure.

definitely related to poor ass man stats

my ass man never does this and actually never give specific instructions for every player in the opposition side.

if you ask me its an excellent addition by SI and its great to see ass managers give a broad range of advice depending on their abilities.

My ass man is not crap. I had two ass man all with 15+ on man management, tactical knowledge, determination and motivation around 12/13.

If you press ask ask man on an ass man they will set tackling to high. My argument is AI managers will probably do this too hence large yellow/red cars, penalties in the game.

Same problem with my ass man. At first I thought he was just doing precise instructions versus all opposition players, but decided to check it out when my players were seeing many yellow and red cards.. it was just hard tackling against everyone, so now I click them all to default.. so much for the nice "ask ass man" feature that was suppose to relieve you of doing that every time :p

I\'m confused as to why this a problem for people? I do my own tactics and play normal tackling, the assistant manager doesn\'t change it for me!

Am I missing something here???

I agree. Ass man suggests certain things but never ACTUALLY changes anything.

Is this an additional setting you have changed ??

Geez do you guys read the thread?

I'm pointing out Ass Man has Tackling on Hard on everyone in the team when asked Ass Man is selected.

My point is, is the AI doing this? hence the amount of yellow/red/pens in the game. Obviously the AI wouldn't Ask the Ass Man but since Ass Man default suggests to go hard on everyone, does the AI do this as well?

Geez do you guys read the thread?

I\'m pointing out Ass Man has Tackling on Hard on everyone in the team when asked Ass Man is selected.

My point is, is the AI doing this? hence the amount of yellow/red/pens in the game. Obviously the AI wouldn\'t Ask the Ass Man but since Ass Man default suggests to go hard on everyone, does the AI do this as well?

No offence intended, but unselect the option for your ass man to do it - sorted.

You shouldn\'t let that little winklepicker make those impotant decisions on your behalf.

As for the AI, I wouldnt imagine that it uses the same AI as your ass man. The suggestions made by the ASS man are terrible.

I'm tackling hard and have not really had any reds or yellows, clearly not the broadly affecting issue some want to make it into.

This is the kind of paddy that comes from having a player sent off or banned for an important match and turns into a completely fake attempt to create a bug from a bandwagon.

Get a life.

I'm tackling hard and have not really had any reds or yellows, clearly not the broadly affecting issue some want to make it into.

This is the kind of paddy that comes from having a player sent off or banned for an important match and turns into a completely fake attempt to create a bug from a bandwagon.

Get a life.

So you think it perfectly normal for the ass man (or AI teams) to set hard tackling for all players all the time?

Get a clue ;p

AI was always playing with Hard Tackling in FM. That, Tight marking, all players set on run forwards(even DC's) and very high closing down is pretty much trademark of FM's AI tactics.

You posted this in another thread and its nonsense. At least provide some proof.

You posted this in another thread and its nonsense. At least provide some proof.

Sigh..based on what empirical proof you claim that it's nonsense?:confused: Or we just need to trust you on your word?

If you bothered to completely read that previous post(where i listed details and posted even pkm as small example) ,or watch matches in (at least ) extended highlights you would not fail to see that. One would hope that is:rolleyes: Ultimately, just seeing AI committing 3 times more fouls then human in every match would be kind of small hint, that is if you didn't want to bother watching matches yourself.

I fail to see what why i need to try convincing someone about anything more, until someone proves me wrong with details. This is not console kids forum,things don't disappear just because one wishes so. And following someone around just to post something that is off the topic and without any empiric proof is called trolling.

And just for the record , i do believe that this year edition is good game and improvement over last year(which was good to).But that doesn't remove that facts which i mentioned in "that " other post and here.

For the first time ever I just asked my assistant to to do the opposition instructions (I always have him set to do my team talks and just change if I don't like what he said), and he only put 3 players on hard tackling.

Hmmmm, just played another match and asked him again an he set 9 players to hard tackling.

Not that this bothers me anyway as like I said, I've never bothered asking him before, and I probably won't ever again.

I just want them to stop tackling the strikers hard, because they will more likely be in the box when they get the foul. Other than that the instructions seem alright, not like in the example, i have never had the assistant give all the opposition players instructions... I have noticed though, szince I am playing two simultaneous games, that one of my AM does much more OI than the other, so I think it depends on your assistant and what they like. Try switching assistants and see if it is different.

I can support this, all my ass men (mheh) keep setting tackling to hard if i ask them for advice..

Some of you fans just can't deal with criticism of the game, it's pretty funny actually... this is a little detail, but it's a flaw and should be fixed for the next patch.

I can support this, all my ass men (mheh) keep setting tackling to hard if i ask them for advice..

Some of you fans just can\'t deal with criticism of the game, it\'s pretty funny actually... this is a little detail, but it\'s a flaw and should be fixed for the next patch.

Dont ask for them advice....do it yourself....You are asking for trouble if you dont! :)

Archived