Engine just thought I shouldn't win this one

But I made it anyway. Just played Arletico against Betis at Seville, me being away and most peculiar things were happening. Betis scored, I came back 1:2 then my keeper, Adler, the best in the game, started going out of the box for headers and almost gave away a fey times :D Then my players started marking like mad, the 3 of them one opponent leaving huge space.. So eventually I conceded. So Betis calmed down waiting for a whistle but then Marin broke true on the right and centered for Aguero. Funny thing, do u think that engine cheats sometimes?

this seems too happen alot for me i was porstsmouth was on a 10 game un-beaten streak in prem and europe (uefa cup ) got to the final not conceding a goal in the knock out in the final i got lazio who were lucky too get too the final to be honest and i was leading them 2-0 up to 80 mins and the didn't even press my half but in the last 10 minutes they scored 3 times and made it 3-2 and bet me did the engine just not wan't me too win a european competition or something got sacked 3 weeks after it

Guest El Payaso

In my game with Everton AI didn't want me to get to FA-Cup final. I got early lead with Henry's goal and dominated first half. At start of the second half there was a far too long through ball for Steven Fletcher, then something happened, Tim Howard who would have got to the ball clearly just stopped and let Fletcher score. In extra time, the same thing happened in corner kick where Howard was just about to go pick the cross but when he saw that Hull's striker was in good position, he once again just stopped and let the ball fly to Fletcher's head and he scored.

Was Howard paid? :o

Wow, haven't had a conspiracy theory on the match engine for, oh, about four days? The ME cannot cheat - it can't tell the difference between the AI team and the human user.

Perhaps it is fair to say the tactical interface is a bit too complicated, maybe AI managers "understand" how to use it better than we mere humans, but to say you can't win a match is not accurate. If you were to do the reload cheat thing and replay it again, using a different tactic, you'll win in a few games if you counter their tactics, which proves the ME doesn't cheat. And has been proven over and over and over again.

Hard? Yes. Cheating? No.

How does the AI manager control your keeper and defender, and make them go wildly out of position, through his tactical knowledge?

The engine doesn't cheat but it's pretty hard sometimes to pinpoint where your tactics are going wrong when your players just constantly do stupid and inane things.

Wow, haven't had a conspiracy theory on the match engine for, oh, about four days? The ME cannot cheat - it can't tell the difference between the AI team and the human user.

How do you know that? Have you seen the code and tested it all out yourself or you just trusting the staff at SI? You never know.

Why would SI code the game to win? Also does the the ME understand the difference between a Cup game and a Friendly or is it just another computation?

To made the game more compelling? Would be no fun if we bouught the best players and dominated the game continuously would it? Thye have to apply some kind of foot in the door, surely?

It is your tactics. :)

I found a new shout, "everyone go mad". Effects: keepers stops using their hands and everybody in defense turns extremely aggressive gay so they all run after the most attractive opponent. :D

To made the game more compelling? Would be no fun if we bouught the best players and dominated the game continuously would it? Thye have to apply some kind of foot in the door, surely?

But see, I think it would be fun.

I only ever play as Bristol City and it's a struggle in the early game - hardly any money, tiny stadium by P'ship standards that never gets rebuilt, low reputation. So it takes a while and good signings to get a dominant side, which is of course where the real enjoyment is, however -

One thing that I find a bit suspect is that come the end of the season I always seem to be in a photo finish for whatever position the media/my aspirations set at the start of the season. E.g. a safe mid-table or winners or just avoid relegation only seems to happen in the last few games of the season. I've never been clear winners of the prem or championship.

I personally wouldn't like to believe that the engine throws matches to make things more compelling, if it were ever proven then I would walk away from the series. I get to the stage where I have a sweet tactic, excellent players for the system but lose ridiculous games off the back of fantastic wins which brings my final placing right down to the wire.

Now, once I have struggled to balance the books and attract the right calibre of player it would be fantastic payback to dominate European football for a few seasons, I'd love to be at the stage where I could just click to win because I had managed with lowly resources to get the best players and tactics! But as I said, I never dominate always have to fight. Don't get me wrong, a click to win game has no longevity or attraction whatsoever but I'm a bit tired of seeing my awesome sides creaking to achieve only what is expected of them.

On the plus side and against the OP's position - I faced Man City in my 3rd season in charge of BCFC in the FA Cup final, definately not "supposed" to win that one, and I didn't, I lost 4-2. Then the crash-bug hit and I had to reload, taking me back to early April, faced City again in the final, adjusted my tactics and won 4-2. Hollow victory I know and I wasn't celebrating but shows that individual games are there to be won - overall season performance for me tho is a bit suspect.

This post is way longer than I had intended, thanks for reading! :D

This happens all the time. Your team is playing wonderfully but all of a sudden your defenders forget how to defend, your midfielders can't pass the ball, your strikers can't get the ball. This has happened in every version of this game. Another tip I tell you not to do is: when you are winning by a goal, against a team that is better than yours and your rival team is not playing well, try not to do a substitution because automatically they'll score a goal.

Oh yeah that beach (typo mistake?) cheats a lot. Just have a good run and wait for the; Oh all of your players are suddenly one-legged man, Oh, all your players suddenly go crazy and get red cards one after each other, Oh all of your players are suddenly apathetic zombies the opposition can go past behind yours running backwards. Oh yeah that beach cheats a way more than ever before. Only hope I found is to pay attention to my players attitude in the early moments of the match, if I see one of the above happening I immediately change my tactics as the moron behavior of your players means the opposition has found the ultimate weakness of your tactic and will bag 7 in the game. I’ve been able to lose a match against a piece of crap, reloaded the game, changed players, same result. When the game thinks you’re having an easy time, he’ll make you lose using one of the above techniques, just go ultra defensive and accept the fact that you’ll lose this game.

The match engine can be quite poor, its worked out youre going to lose and often has to find freaky ways to do it, ie defenders holding a lone 5 yards inside the other half, players running towards the ball and are going to get there 1st, so they run away from it to let an opponent get their 1st. Leaving a forward unmarked 8 yards out while everyone is in the wall, penalties when its the only time the opponents have got into the box all game, super keepers in previous games, 1 shot, 1 goal etc.

When theses thing happens against you, it seems like its cheated you.

How do you know that? Have you seen the code and tested it all out yourself or you just trusting the staff at SI? You never know.

What reason could SI have to lie? It's not like they are scrabbling about for excuses - this is what they've said ever since the 2D ME and all these theories were banded about then too.

The second part of my post is a far more realistic scenario. The AI managers are just too good at playing, can change their tactics faster than the human, while the human has little/no definitive training in how to use it. It's hard, and that's the point. But when I have good players I win virtually every match. I'm struggling big time with Newcastle at the moment, down in 13th at Christmas, but am determined to turn it around.

The big difference with 09 & 10 is that the AI reads the game better, reads your tactics better, so unlike 07 & 08 the game is more than just finding an effective tactic, signing the best players and hitting continue. I readily concede that the balance is off, that it needs adjusting, but the ME forcing a win for the AI is just a conspiracy too far.

What reason could SI have to lie? It's not like they are scrabbling about for excuses - this is what they've said ever since the 2D ME and all these theories were banded about then too.

The second part of my post is a far more realistic scenario. The AI managers are just too good at playing, can change their tactics faster than the human, while the human has little/no definitive training in how to use it. It's hard, and that's the point. But when I have good players I win virtually every match. I'm struggling big time with Newcastle at the moment, down in 13th at Christmas, but am determined to turn it around.

The big difference with 09 & 10 is that the AI reads the game better, reads your tactics better, so unlike 07 & 08 the game is more than just finding an effective tactic, signing the best players and hitting continue. I readily concede that the balance is off, that it needs adjusting, but the ME forcing a win for the AI is just a conspiracy too far.

How do you know that? Have you seen the code and tested it all out yourself or you just trusting the staff at SI? You never know. :D

Archived