The games you probably shouldn't have won...

Okay, so Lordt has given me the inpsiration with his comebacks thread, so what about those matches where you are surprised you won. You may have been the underdog or you may have had everything that could possibly go wrong do so.

I just played a Scottish Third division game against Albion Rovers. I'm Forfar and have gotten my act together in the last month to have risen to 4th in the table. Albion are 9th and so I was the heavy favourite in the week up to the match.

It wasn't the best preparation however. I lost my star defender to a ban in the previous game and my main goalie got injured in training. It all meant putting out a team with a non-regular playing center back and a 16 year old keeper (my second choice was also injured). To say I was worried about the patchy reinforcement of my on a roll team would be understating things.

I play a wide-based 4-4-2 with wingers who aren't really wingers, but you have to cope with what you've got in this league, and I chose to go all out attack seeing as I was still so favoured. It all went even worse for me in the 17th minute when my left winger was sent off for an attrocious foul. I sacrificed my leading score (who was somewhat off-form anyway) and brought on another wide player. I refused to sit back so kept my all out attack up. It paid dividends and I took the lead on about 30 minutes.

Albion pulled a goal back right at the end of the first half and I feared the worst in the second, but I wasn't going to let my players know that and kept to the game plan in the second. It was all out attack again and it really paid off. Despite having both central midfielders injured and replaced I scored twice to go into a 3-1 lead with 15 minutes remaining. Then disaster. My in form front man was hacked down and forced to come off with what wold turn out to be a broken wrist. I had no one else to come on so it really was time to sit back. I went 4-4-0 and counter with instructions for my players to get really stuck in.

Albion ran the game for the last 15, but we held on to record what I can only describe as the most amazing win I've had. Okay we were favourites but could the lead up and match have been any worse for me?

To cap it all off Livi lost and I'm now up to third in the table. I could have been second but Berwick got a late goal to steal a point.

So what's your stories?

CL group stage as Bayern - bin oth games against group favourite Sporting Lisbon I had 4-5 shots, they had 20-25 shots, both were 1:0 wins for me, so I took the 1st place in group :)

Your one of them really annoying teams :p that withstand all the pressure of 20+ shots in a game. And then sneak a 1-0 win :p I hate playing against teams like you!

Your one of them really annoying teams :p that withstand all the pressure of 20+ shots in a game. And then sneak a 1-0 win :p I hate playing against teams like you!

That's the way to be, I say. If you know you're not going to win then it takes a good manager to train a side to withstand heavy pressure and come through with a win.

Of course, the more pressure a team like Bayern puts on the defensive team without scoring makes them all the more frustrated then they start to snatch at chances and give away possession with sloppy mistakes.

Grats on the wins, uusinjsh.

Playing southampton we were rubbish in fact I have never seen any team play so bad but we won 2-1 which was amazing.

If you saw the match you would say the same thing.

I'll praise any team that beats the scummers. I bow down to you good man.

Up the Cherries!!

Here 2-1 to us :D

Hehe, thanks for that. It's good but still could have been even better...you know if it was Bournemouth rather than Sven County... :eek:

Still I'll take a defeat for the scum any day of the week. :thup:

Wasn't my victory but im taking it all the same! Was playing as Notts county and was 3-0 down away to Cardiff couldnt be arsed seeing out the 2nd half so went on holiday came back turned out i'd won the match 5-4!! felt bad for all of 2 secs! Assistant manager got a bumper new contract :D

Archived