FM10: Giant Killers thread

CPS

Just thought I'd create a thread for people to post any cup shocks they see in their game, mainly because I want to know if they actually happen as I haven't seen any!

They could be a shock that you've masterminded with your Blue Square team or a game you've been on the receiving end of with a top tier club - or even just a surprise result you've spotted between two AI teams. Games on full detail would be preferable if possible.

Maybe this type of template would be useful? Screenshots would be even better.

27/10/09

Copa del Rey Round of 32, 1st Leg

Alcorcón 4-0 Real Madrid

(Borja Gomez 15, 53, Arbeloa 22 og, Ernesto 41)

07/01/89

F.A. Cup 3rd round

Sutton United 2-1 Coventry City

(Rains 43, Hanlon 59) (Phillips 52)

International shocks fit too, i.e Senegal beating France & Cameroon turning over Argentina in Italia '90 being prime examples. I'd post some examples myself but I simply don't have any yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to beat Coventry with Gateshead in the FA Cup 3rd round (Demo version) 3-0. I think I played rigid/defensive and they weren't able to create any clear cut chances whereas we took our three. I have to admit I was pretty chuffed with the result seeing as most cup shocks are either 1-0's or 2-1's. We were top of the Blue Square and morale was high whereas Cov were struggling in the Championship. Even so, roll on round four! (Not that I know who I'm playing - I'll get the game proper for Crimbo lol)

Archived