Tutoring Bug?

I actioned Beckham to tutor Vukcevic several days ago but nothing has happened. There was no email message saying anything about the players feelings about tuition and their PR status is devoid of tutoring. Under linked players for Vukcevic Beckham is no longer there and neither is the learn from player comment box. Is this a bug? I know in previous games I've successfully had Becks tutor Vukcevic.

I seem to recall Van Persie was able to be tutored by Arshavin and he's 26. Thing is though, I definitely made the comment about him being tutored. If he just said no thanks that would be okay, but I got no message at all. Once more the tutoring option for him has now completely disappeared, with Beckham removed from the linked player options. I just took a look and found out too that another of my players I wanted to be tutored and for whom i made the comment has also had the same thing happen to him. This guy was only 18 and was in my reserve team.

its also to do with reputation, if a young player has a high reputation they can't be tutored. At least i think thats right, like sergio aguero i don't think can be tutored despite his young age.

yes, he is right on this one. A player with a big rep cant be tutored, tho i do not know the exact rep a player needs for this to happen

It's got nothing to do with reputations in this instance.

My problem is not that I can't comment on Beckham being a good role model for Vukcevic, my problem is that I did make this comment and nothing happened. Even when players don't like your choice of tutor you get a message and then they have a PR status of being unhappy because of personality differences. In this case, nothing happened at all. I said player x should tutor player y. Then, when I look at player y, player x is no longer a linked player option. Furthermore, the option to comment on a player for tutoring has completely disappeared.

The other player I was referring to was Clement Grenier. In early July I asked him to learn from Kim Kallstrom. As you can see, Kim Kallstrom is no longer on the list of eligible linked players. You will also see that there is no option to recommend a player as a tutor. From the date (now August 1) and the fact that his general happiness has no notes, it is not a case of Grenier being unhappy with the choice of Kallstrom as a tutor.

Essentially, on two occassions, I have recommended a tutor for one of my players and nothing at all has happened, except it would seem I can no longer recommend those same tutors for those same players. This particularly annoys me as I know from a previous game that Beckham is a good tutor for Vukcevic and raises his determination by at least 3 points.

grenier.png

This 100% has to be a bug. I saved my game and went off to dinner. When I loaded it up again I got new emails saying that Vukcevic is delighted to learn from Beckham and Grenier from Kallstrom. In between the original time I asked for this to happen and it actually happening, I got Beckham to tutor Toulalan (proof that they don't have to be under 24). Now as a result Beckham is tutoring 2 players at the same time, which I am almost certain is not suppose to happen. Will this affect my tutoring results with him I wonder.

Vukcevic

vuk1.png

Toulalan

toulalan.png

There was a bug in FM2009 (or was it 2008? I don't recall which exactly), where, if you asked players to be tutored, and then saved the game and quit, without pressing continue until you received the confirmation of the tutoring beginning, then the next time you loaded your game the tutoring wouldn't have registered and moreover you would no longer have the option of tutoring (until the following season I think it was). I know what I'm talking about because it happened to me and I did post about in the bugs forum back then. This sounds very similar, regardless of whether you saved it or not without pressing continue. This bug must be linked to the old one in some way.

The tutoring will work fine once they are set up unless there is a clash of personalities. In FM 08 (if I had not remembered wrongly), I often have super tutors having 5 or 6 students at one go and they all work fine, certainly a bug but since I enjoy it, I am not bothered deeply by it.

I'm 99% sure it's a bug. If you action a player to tutor someone and u get the mail saying u did (which confirms that u intiatiated the tutoring already), then u save and reload and continue from there, u won't get the players' replies. I've got that many times already and the only thing left to do is to set the player up with someone else first.

The tutoring feature is such a disappointing module since it first was introduced. It was a feature I use prominently in the game to properly shape the personality of the newgen so that they develop to their full potential. Not much has been said about the three options after so many seasons, leaving managers to guess what each option does and it seems that there aren't much differences among them. No proper guidelines are given to the "how", "who", "when" of the tutoring process. Simple questions like, When can you start a tutoring? Who can be the mentors? Who can be the students? How can you set up the tutoring process? Not to even mention the more dynamic intricacies of the effects of the tutoring process, i.e. how the personality of the student will be modified modelled upon the one of the mentor. Determination will change, aggression, bravery are rumoured to change, all the hidden attributes like adaptability, ambition, controversy, loyalty, pressure, professionalism, sportsmanship and temperament will all be affected. It is a shame managers shun away from using this feature as they are totally screwed by the randomness of failed tutoring due to a clash of personalities. It is also frustrating for managers to find that the option for tutoring just turns on and off randomly, sometimes you see the option there, sometimes you don't, who the hell has the time to check the players interaction tab every now and then unless he is a tutoring freak like me?

For a polished edition, it's a pity that this flawed feature is not improved. It's due time.

agree with the post above, some explanation of the mechanics of the tutor feature would really be nice. I find myself buying 6 players and testing to see if my youngsters will accept them as tutors then reloading, repeat, etc. Very frustrating.

support the "bug" notion, there´s some weird stuff happening when saving/loading after proposing tutoring.

Plus another thing : Didn´t it use to be that after a player was tutored you could have him tutore again ? (not the 22 year old new national team guy but a 17 year old youngster) . Don´t have that option.

Now i had the suggestion from my backroom staff to let a young kid be tutored by an older player. When i click on "interact" i don´t have that option. When i click on "start tutoring" the tutoring starts though.

Now, what level of tutoring is happening there ? (of the 3 choices in interaction)

Archived